Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: QS8 "T bracket"
#129708 02/28/06 12:12 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Okay everybody ... "ooooh! aaaaah!" Pictures! We want pictures!

That sounds like a great room, Chris! Hurry up on that big screen!

I think the T Brackets are ingenious. They really make the task very easy, indeed. I could not hit a stud for one of mine, but used several E-Z Anchors and am not at all nervous about my QS8's.

How do you like your Anthem equipment? Is it manufactured in North America? (Please, gentlepersons, do not subject me or the original poster to flames - I'm just asking if this might be an avenue for me to exercise my right as a consumer to support businesses based on factors that I have had difficulty ascertaining from other sources).

Thank You.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#129709 02/28/06 12:33 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Tom have you considered Odyssey amps . From their website, "All odyssey equipment is made in the USA, parts & labor".

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#129710 02/28/06 01:27 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Yes, Rick, Thank You. Also Adcom and B&K. I am not really in the market at the moment, but doing the research is entertaining.

#129711 02/28/06 01:32 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

You're just waiting on the Axiom amps aren't ya

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#129712 02/28/06 01:35 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Well, that, the money and the authorization

#129713 02/28/06 10:17 AM
axiomite
axiomite
"....and the authorization "

Ah yes, authorization. The one word I really had not paid paid much attention to during my wild and younger days but after 25 years of marriage to my beautiful bride I must say there are now times whenever it seems like I burn every cell in my brain both day and night trying to figure out just how I may go about getting the authorization to do some of the things I want. There is no substitute for experience, I have learned.

I did get the authorization to get my self a box of the 30# E-Z Anchors that Mr. Tomtuttle linked to and I do believe these things would hold a Mack truck on the wall if well positioned. I second Tomtuttle's recommendation!

Rick
Our Room

smile
#129714 02/28/06 04:51 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
BrotherBob, congratulations on your many years of wedded bliss. I am firmly in the "happy wife, happy life" camp. I have also discovered that "you are only as happy as your unhappiest child". I'm blessed to have a great marriage where we both strive to make each other happy within the regrettable limitations of our resources.

I love those E-Z Anchors. I use them for all kinds of stuff and have never had any problems whatsoever. If you had to hang something from the ceiling or something of very great weight, you'd probably still be better off with a traditional molly-bolt kind of fastener, but I think those E-Z Anchors are great, and they are certainly PLENTY strong enough to hold up a T-Bracket. I think I used four of them, and that speaker is not going anywhere.

I'm trying to get authorization for a new vehicle. It's not going very well

Sorry about the hijack, Chris. This is apparently my stream-of-consciousness thread for this week. I really do want to see your new room, though. I'm always inspired and humbled by the elegant and creative installations that Axiom family members have completed.

#129715 02/28/06 05:26 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

The one word I really had not paid paid much attention to during my wild and younger days but after 25 years of marriage to my beautiful bride I must say there are now times whenever it seems like I burn every cell in my brain both day and night trying to figure out just how I may go about getting the authorization to do some of the things I want.

In reply to:

I have been married for 30 years and like you in my earlier and even middle years did not give much thought to it. As a matter of fact it is only recently that I have found something that works all the time. It's Diamonds
Downside is they are even more expensive than most of the items I'm seeking authorization for. So my return on the dollar is not great.
Oh well back to the drawing board.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
#129716 03/01/06 08:16 PM
local
local
Chris
Note the T-bracket isn't going to work for you unless you can also get the matching bracket that is factory installed on the back of all QS8's (and QS4's) these days. From the link provided, it doesn't look like the bracket for the back of the speakers is part of the package. You may want to give Axiom a call to confirm or work something out.

#129717 03/02/06 04:34 AM
ChrisR Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
TomT, no prob on the hijack. I love the anthem pre/pro and amp, though there at the lower end of Anthem's product line. Fantastic sound. They pair with the Axioms well, because they're a Canadian company as well. You can check 'em out, I think they're at AnthemAV.com.

Paul, I think the brackets I have will probably fit on the T-brackets. They came mounted to the speakers, but had to be removed to mount to the QS8 wood stands I bought.

I'm thinking the T-bracket was an upgrade over the small wall clips that came with my speakers, but the brackets on the speakers I think are the same. But you're right; it wouldn't hurt to call and clarify that before ordering them.

BTW, as far as pictures go, there's nothing to post right now - all new floor covered with toys! Anything special to do to post pics on the msg boards?

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters