Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
EP350 Line Level In "Damage" Question
#133481 03/27/06 05:35 AM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
OK, I bought an EP350 along with some M22's, M3s, qs400's and VP100 around Christmas. Up until very recently, I've had the sub cable somewhat out in the open and we just had our floors done and now the cable is "secured" and out of the way. Now, I believe that at somepoint, the cable may have been hit causing the line in jack on the 350 to become "loose" (or being able to move laterally). I was able to get some signal into it but today it's not working or working very little. It may kick on for a few minutes and then not fire up again.

I plan on giving Axiom a call and seeing what they say, but has anyone else have this problem on other subs and what was your solution?

Thanks in Advance.

BTW, I do have another sub and it works fine so I know it's the sub and not the other equipment.

Also, when plugging the cable in while the subs on, I don't get any "noise/buzz".

Thanks

Re: EP350 Line Level In "Damage" Question
#133482 03/27/06 04:57 PM
buff
buff
Hi tmwsiy17:
Your problem sounds very similar to a problem I had with my EP350. It would play for a few seconds and then drop out. I called axiom and they immediately sent out a new amplifier unit for the EP-350. I had to remove a few screws from the back of the sub and swap out the old amplifier unit. As I was doing this a noticed that the wire connector was a little loose. To this day, I wonder if all that was needed was to tighten the wire connectors. My theory is that the sub was coming on and when it vibrated the wires they lost contact. I will never know for sure because by the time I thought of this, I had all ready removed the wires.
Anyway, it may be worth checking the connectors inside the EP500. There are several screws on the back of the sub that have to be removed in order to get to the connector. You may want to call Axiom first, esspecially if you don't feel comfortable taking those screws out.
I hope this helps.

maphiker

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020