Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MonoPrice cables
pmbuko #136933 06/02/06 03:30 PM
shareholder in the making
Don't we need to first debate whether or not we should have debates?

(This is why I don't like the corporate world and it doesn't like me!!)

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
SkiTaos #136934 06/02/06 06:01 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Welcome!

Not only, did I find your post interesting,...it is most refreshing to find someone who has listened, and "tested" the products you have recommended.

I also find your testimony, much more credible, than the naysayers.

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)
HomeDad #136935 06/02/06 06:12 PM
S
buff
buff
S
By the reviews I have found on the web and this site, it is a sure thing I will go for Axiom speakers! When that time will come, I just don't know. By the time I finally purchase an Axiom system, the speakers will most likely be better than they are now!

LT61 #136936 06/02/06 06:16 PM
devotee
devotee
Quote:

I also find your testimony, much more credible, than the naysayers.

And just who are the naysayers?

NEW2AXIOM #136937 06/03/06 05:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

What I mean by specifying the "coax", is why use optical if you don't have too? The signal is converted into light and then back. Why put the signal through another change if you don't have too? keep the signal path as simple as possible. I agree that you don't want the cables to affect the signal no matter what. That is Purist's goal, to keep the original signal as pure as possible while keeping out the interference.

OMG, I'm going to be civil and just let that one go.

(I guess by posting that I didn't just let it go thou )

INANE #136938 06/03/06 01:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Good Idea.

INANE #136939 06/03/06 03:14 PM
S
buff
buff
S
Alright! Why let it go? I am here to LEARN as well. Instead getting huffy puffy, explain what you mean!
Refer me to Expert sites that explain every path of the signal from DVD/CD to the speakers.

Kimber and Purist don't make pretty looking cables that are assembled in some foreign country. As for Kimber, I saw the braid machines in action and technicians terminating cables and interconnects right in front of me in Ogden, Utah. Kimber plainly displays their measurments of each cable/interconnect. So if the cable measuments are different, then there must me a difference between cables, right? Say the 8VS and the 8TC (same AWG)cables from Kimber have different specs.

Is the Coax and Optical signal the same at the end result, sure. I am just saying why CONVERT the signal if not necessary?

Now, if Purist and Kimber are putting thousands if not millions into research apparently there is room for improvment. How much improvment? Obviously enough improvment for the companies to spend the thousands if not millions on research.

Now, I want to learn. NOT personal opinions, but Experts and Physics only. On an understandable level of course! Thanks.

SkiTaos #136940 06/03/06 03:20 PM
Quote:

Alright! Why let it go?

Because, quite frankly, we've been down this path many, many times. You can do a search and find a full day's worth of reading on the topic.

You just got here. You can't walk into the middle of a lecture and expect the speaker to start from the beginning.....

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I know I never had a chance to welcome you to the boards. But you can't just demand that we re-debate something that's been rehashed ad nauseum for the last five years!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #136941 06/03/06 03:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur

Quote:

You just got here. You can't walk into the middle of a lecture and expect the speaker to start from the beginning.....

Well if you can't then these fora are different from any others I go to. It seems to me that the same sort of questions are always being asked by new members. It's not bad or good it's just the nature of the beast. The only fix would be a FAQ thread. Even then you would still be hearing "upgrade to the M80s"

Btw my Monoprice cables took about 2 weeks during the Chistmas holidays. I suspect any delays to us Canadians is due to border issues.

SkiTaos #136942 06/03/06 03:37 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

So, I guess I am one of those that will feel better having $2000 worth of cables in my system. As a consumer thats all that matters, right?! I have heard the cables compaired to Monster and Radio Shack and have heard the difference. Not a psycological (I "think" I can hear)difference but an actual audible difference. Bass is tighter and the soundstage is improved.

This topic has been rehashed many times on just this board alone. You don't need "expert" testimony on the physics involved in the technology of cable design. The proof is in the pudding... are there any double blind tests showing that there is any audio difference between standard and "audiophile" cable?
NO.

If you can find any I'll stand corrected.

If you believe there is a difference, then you're certainly entitled to. The data to prove it just isn't available.
Why is there so much money poured into cable technology and 'research'? There is enough public demand for it. Enough consumers believe it has merit. The power of 'belief' can be astounding.

Read NUMBER 1 here:

Ten Biggest Audio Lies

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082