Rating: 4
Page 30 of 260 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 259 260
Re: beer thread (BEER NEWS)
#13726 06/18/04 07:45 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I am delighted to report that I had the great good fortune to spend Tuesday evening in the company of pmbuko at my home. I considered starting a "Let's Stalk Peter" thread or something, but with 3000+ posts, he really doesn't need his own thread.

We beered. Exuberantly. Joyously.

Along with my lovely bride, we enjoyed Hofbrau Original, Elysian ESB, Piraat, North Coast Pranqster, North Coast Old Rasputin, Piraat, Young's Old Nick and Rogue Old Crustacean. And homemade brownies with homemade caramel ice cream and caramel sauce (god, there's a dessert that desperately needs a catchy name. Just Eat It, perhaps).

We conversed comfortably. We listened happily. We became instant friends.

And yes, he remains surprisingly tall.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#13727 06/18/04 08:54 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
good lord.. peter gets around like a ferris wheel at the county fair.. your the third person that has commented on a visit from him..

i got $10 bucks that says he aint even got no stereo.. he just buddies up to all us for good tunes, free beer, and great food.

i will be lookin for you peter.. i got some warm pearl, a christmas fruitcake, and the yoko one 2 disc greatest hits to change your evil ways!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#13728 06/18/04 10:24 PM
shareholder in the making
What Tom says is true. In a desperate attempt to shrink the globe -- well, the country at least -- I'm on an unofficial and unsanctioned tour of Axiom owners' homes.

Tom's house was the third stop on my tour, and I had the luxury of an entire evening that I didn't have on my second stop (sorry Ajax!). Tom's family was wonderfully welcoming and I felt at ease very quickly. After all, they have an indoor dog. I've never met an indoor dog family that I didn't like.

During my visit, I was spoiled with good company, good beer, good music, and good dessert. The end result of it all was that I was much less interested in critical listening and was having quite a hard time keeping the silly grin off my face.

I returned to my hotel room just after midnight and slept very well. Beer was still on my mind the next day, so for dinner I looked for a good brew-pub and found the perfect spot: Pike Brewery (not far from that place where they throw fish all day). In addition to brewing their own beers, they have a great selection of foreign beers.

To go with the chicken wings appetizer, I ordered a Kilt Lifter Sotch Ale. Delicious! Next I ordered an Ayinger Celbrator Doppelbock to go with the fantastic Reuben sandwich. It was amazing, and even came with a little white plastic goat souvenir.

#13729 06/18/04 11:49 PM
axiomite
axiomite
No apologies necessary, Peter. Because of my responsibilities, I regret that our visit was necessarily brief and that I was unable to show you some real hospitality. But, I was sure glad you came by, and I enjoyed your company tremendously.

Shortly after your visit, I said some nice things about you in a post to your brother Adam. He tried to disabuse me of those silly notions, but I assure you he was unsuccessful.

Next time you visit family in the area, circumstances permitting, maybe we'll be able to do it right. I'm looking forward to it.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#13730 06/21/04 11:24 PM
Once again, Deschuttes has failed to disappoint. I bought a sixer of Cinder Cone Red Ale over the weekend. It's my new favorite.

#13731 06/22/04 12:42 PM
local
local
Ok guys, just thought I'd drop in and share. I'll be having my first Beer Flight Wed. night at a local fine dining restaurant all served by the girl I'm talking to/dating. Their list is incredibly unique. They carry 9 Belgian ales (YUMMY) and 2 are Trappists (Chimay and Achel). That helps my quest to try all 6 Trappists, and so far I'm halfway. They did carry another Belgian that I can't remember the name of but only 1000 cases of it are made each year and WOW!!! was it great. Plus it's only $12 for the big bottle. Anyway, here's a question for you guys. One of the styles on the flight is a German "Smoked" ale, so has anyone tried a "smoked" ale? It should be very interesting, needless to say. They also carry a kelp ale.

#13732 06/22/04 01:32 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I have not had one, but in my homebrewing adventures I've read a few recipes for them and thought about making one. Seems that you just smoke the grain for several hours before you proceed with anything else. I've read that it generally adds a slight smokey finish, depending on the duration of smoking and the amount of smoked grain used.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
Re: beer thread
#13733 06/23/04 01:04 AM
T
buff
buff
T
I'm going to reply to my own post, I just wanted everyone to know that I have finally made it back to the good ole USA, actually living in Jacksonville Arkansas. Went to the Class Six "beer store" and they had some very familar beer that I was enjoying in Italy, so it wont be too bad. Actually I'm just glad I'm back on line and can once again enjoy this site. This is the first post I've read so I have alot of catching up to do.

Semper Fi

Semper Fi 88-97
DI 94-96
Good night CHESTY where ever you are!
#13734 06/23/04 01:25 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Well, welcome back to this side of the pond.

I'm sure Arkansas is no substitute for Italy, but you deal with the cards you are dealt.

Now, comes the fun part...

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."
#13735 06/23/04 02:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Welcome home Wyn! Thanks.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 30 of 260 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 259 260

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics