Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website
#137577 05/06/06 05:02 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well they could end up being a collectable.

#137578 05/06/06 05:07 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ebay here I come!

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
#137579 05/07/06 07:13 PM
old hand
old hand
I'm glad there are still those that question things that are not clear to them, other than myself. I applaude you all

If you do start seeing more Axioms on ebay, you can be pretty sure that the 'ol "I got to have the latest and best" bug has bitten. I shall watch "ebay" and this thread with keen interest. so far the OP is taking less of a lashing then I did when I asked

I highly doubt you(or anyone else) is/are going to get a good answer here though. As I don't think there is one. So to take any potential beating off the OP I'll add my observations of this situation and you all can throw rocks at me, and not him/her. I care not.

"Oh look mine are V2, Joe:" "whats different from the original & how much better does it sound Jim?" " Jim, . . . who cares I've got V2's"

yea, I know I don't know crap, there I saved some from saying it themselves in reply :P

Many people get quite defensive when they don't know/have the answers. That is why you can see it in replies to this question.

you can look at just about any consumer product sold, when a new discriptor is added to a product "save mouth wash ,cleaning products and the like with their "new improved formula"," make 2 , model 2, series 2 , version 2, revision 2 what ever. most of them come with a "whats new" or some such, proudly stuck right out front so as to entice you to buy this improved product. It makes people wonder, or it should make people wonder in this case.

will we see the "old" versions going on sale? I doubt it . . .why? I think that should be obvious.

Whats amazing to me is that there are so many Axiom faithful and they themselves do not question this V2 label and what exactly is improved? just seeing the changes noted above and accepting them. I find that strange. And even more amazing that its not put out clearly in the open so questions don't have to be asked about it in the first place.

But then again maybe all these questions have already been answered. And thats as good as its gonna get. we just need to read between the lines.

These are my personal thoughts, and nothing more. Although I feel I speak for those that may be to shy online or afraid of what someone else may think of them. I DO have a flameproof suit BTW :P and do not care what anyone thinks of me.

Its a valid question that has been asked. and the fact that it seems to have turned in some MAJOR big deal to some just cause someone wants to know is really strange to me. . . . quick summon the guards and get the smoke and mirrors.

I've thought about this a few days now and I asked the question initially to hear all the cool real world improvments that have been made with the V2's. that has not happened. no measureable differences? humm . . . can you say 'slick marketing'?

love me , hate me I care not. I speak my mind.

EDIT Below: (just so you all know what I added)
So for anyone wanting to know things don't ask questions that could remotely look negative to an Axiomite. Don't ask about them being "brite" sheesh, trust me on this.

And don't ask why only THREE vinyl pictures of wood coverings are offered at the base price. while the FOURTEEN other yinyl pictures of wood are gonna cost you extra. 57.60 extra for ONE M60. yinyl is vinyl is it not? how on earth could it cost that much more money to apply say "warm cherry" instead of "boston cherry?" I can understand REAL wood veneers costing more as wood cost much more than vinyl. but 14 vinyls costing more than 3 other vinyls is INSANE!!! unless someone can point out clearly how the 14 new vinyls are somehow superior to the 3 originals and more difficult to apply? So, don't ask questions like that either.

In a nut shell, no questions that someone could see as a negaitve toward axioms, PERIOD
and this is tough cause they may well appear to you as simply just questions, or something that your curious about. So be careful as you try to learn and ask questions. Don't say nobody tried to warn you. I just did.

Last edited by Stone__Man; 05/07/06 07:54 PM.
#137580 05/07/06 08:13 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Stone_Man, I think you're getting a bit psychotic.

You just re-hash and re-hash things until you become annoying. You'll have to trust me on this, the forum members here are not fanboys. When another product is better suited to someone' needs, by and large the other line will get recommended. But, of course, as most of us are Axiom owners we, in general, like Axioms.

It seem as though you just analyze things to death. Yeah, I know it's a lot of money.

But in essence at this point, you're down to accusing Axiom of fraudulent marketing because there's no clear delineation of the V2 badge in your mind. Guess what? It's clear to me....and I'm no fanboy. They've tweaked the product as the years have gone on...a little here and a little there... and finally made the decision to say "You know what? As a whole, there are a little different than the model we were selling 3, 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe we should tag them a little differently so people don't think that the models being sold today are the same exact items that was sold five years ago". It's not a difficult prospect to wrap your head around. And, even if you can't, that doesn't mean they're trying to "pull a fast one" just because you don't understand it.

Do you really think that they changed the designation so that current Axiom owners can blindly sell off their current speakers to have the "latest and greatest"? Axiom speakers are NOT a bottle of mouthwash, and they've never been marketed that way.

Oh, and the vinyl thing? It's pretty simple that it costs less to work in volume. When they have to switch to a different material from the one they've been using all day, it takes time. Time=Money.

If you feel that you've been shouted down, maybe it's not because we're all fanboys. Maybe it's because you're irritating.

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 05/07/06 08:16 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#137581 05/07/06 09:15 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
And I'm just here for the fun The speakers speak for themselves, I think they're a great value, and sound great too!

I researched the poop out of dozens of other speaker manufacturers before I settled on Axiom. It wasen't just "taking a shot" on something different. I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought my first "Test Pair" of speakers(turns out the were the "SE" version! Ooooo! something special)and I lived with them for quite a while til I was absolutely sure they were exactly the model of exactly the right company. They were. They are!!

When I say "I wonder"; I'm more looking at the oportunity to dig back in the past and look up a fun topic to discuss with other folks who are here for the same thing: To not only listen to our systems but to get more involved beyond just the sonic capabilities as our ears discern them. I'm certainly not trying to find a problem as I don't think any exist. I've been reading this forum for about six years; I've had their products for over five. I feel an attachment with the company gained thru just reading about it in such depth over all these years! I feel nothing but pride in ownership in their products, and hope to get more of their products in the future. I just gotta get permission from my wife. It's been a great ride!

If we hadn't moved south before I "discovered" Axiom, I would certainly be in some of those great company picnic photos!
Rich.

#137582 05/07/06 09:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Just thought about some of the points I had made in the form of observations, and "Questions" to nobody in particular, over the last few years.

I was looking to update my mains when we got a larger listening room, and I wanted to be sure that my choice was right. I had a number of reservations about one model cuz a lot of folks had been complaining about brightness and sibilance and too foreward, and like that.

I was going back in the threads over the previous few years plotting these problems and noted an interesting phenomenon: The frequency of these complaints were falling off exponentially!!

When I had gotten past the point of no return and purchased my new speakers, the number of complaints regestered had fallen to virtually "zero".

Did I then feel I bought the wrong speakers? No, as I had seen the newly released plots indicating that the speakers I had just purchased had receintly been updated and some of the complaints against "them" had probably been resolved as well!

Not only that, the new speakers sound exactly like what I had searched and researched the subject to death had told me that they would.

My room sucks, and is realistically unrepairable but no way can I blame that on Ian or Amie!

Not only that, but the cabinets that my Wife insists that I put my towers in are only 1.5" taller, inside dimension, than my M50s.

So,...what the hey.

At any rate; Axiom has done nothing but attempt to give the customer exactly what they are looking for in responce to what they are learning from this wonderful community we populate here in this forum.

We asked for different finishes, we got different finishes, we asked(well, some of us with the big bucks did,)asked for real wood in what ever form God and chemists and farmers can supply. And we got it. Sure it may cost as much as a tank of gas for our SUVs, but they're available to us!!

I'm a vinyl kinda guy, myself.

We asked that some of these performance questions be addressed. We told them what "we" wanted! We did....!

.....the new anechoic chamber, test cells and a few sets of golden ears around the plant may have helped a little too.

#137583 05/08/06 02:18 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
More stuff, by the way!

I had done some research this weekend in determining some Axiom history and I found a number of stories and additional info you may find interesting in the "Traveller" column over at "Soundstage"

Kinda cool!

#137584 05/08/06 02:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
When I have time I will make a post about that cabin in the pic.

#137585 05/08/06 03:32 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
You are free to think as you like, but it seems that you do not like the repsonses from us or Axiom in reguards to the v2 issue. Now I see you are off on the differance in the costs of the vinyl, did it occur to you that like many other products on the market, differant vinyls can have a differant cost, and if they cost Axiom more, they need to charge more.
Also as for having a sale on older stock, perhaps you are not aware of how Axiom produces the differant lines of speakers. They do not have large warehouses with speakers packaged and just piled up waiting to be sold and shipped. Whenever one places an order he will recieve the latest/current production model, so other than a couple of new memebers to the board, most Axiom owners don't panic about which version they recieve. But please do watch eBay and let us know how many current owners dump the current Axiom speakers for new ones.

Last edited by Tharkun; 05/08/06 03:37 AM.
#137586 05/08/06 10:53 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Regarding the vinyl, Mark hit it on the head - VOLUME. Not only the time it takes to change out the material being used in the CNC machine, but also the volume of the material being used. They purchase far more vinyl in Boston Cherry than Warm Cherry. This translates to VOLUME DISCOUNT. Of course the other colours are going to cost more. And I see 4 standard base colours - not 3.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup