Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website
#137607 05/09/06 04:03 PM
N
old hand
old hand
N
Good afternoon!

It sounds like you do have special circumstances to consider with your hearing. I can appreciate that - my father suffers from a chronic ringing in his ears which makes certain types of sounds very annoying, sometimes painful.

Given that, I don't think anyone here can tell you whether Axioms will or won't work for you under these circumstances. As is always the case for evaluating such a subjective product as speakers, you are going to have to audition them yourself with material you're familiar with. You may like them, or you may not, but that is the only way to _really_ know.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

-Brian n8wrl

2xM60ti, 2xM3ti, 2xQS4, VP100, EP350, N2's
#137608 05/09/06 05:10 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I like what Mark, Amie, Jack, Dennis and Brian said.

Stone_Man, this is just not that kind of place. You've questioned the literacy, integrity and intent of not only the company but also the board members. You've offered nothing useful in return. You continue to complain that everyone is picking on you for asking questions that have either already been answered in good faith, or cannot be answered by anyone but you.

If there were substantial performance changes between original Axiom models and newer Axiom versions, Axiom would likely have gone to a substantially different naming convention (M24 or M65 or whatever). There is nothing sacred about the current model names. In fact, I believe Axiom is probably reducing the number of potential upgrade sales by being honest about the aspects that have - and have not - changed.

And stop telling me to "get over" the spell check thing while accusing everyone else of not reading your posts carefully. Your credibility could be enhanced by listening, thinking and writing more clearly. Or maybe by actually hearing and intelligently commenting on some speakers that present a common experience with others. If you don't like certain Paradigms, you probably won't like Axioms. Did I miss where you provided a frame of reference that we could possibly understand?

Do a forum search on "bright". Read five years worth of comments. Nobody here needs to reassert what's already been discussed ad nauseum.

Order the speakers or don't. You'll like them or you won't. Nobody here can help you except you.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#137609 05/09/06 07:41 PM
old hand
old hand
SQUEAK . . . SQUEak . . . SQueak . . Squ . . . WHIRRRRR :P

my thoughts like them or not.

My thinking was that vinyl of ANY color would have cost the same. If they indeed do not... I'm content with the answers received. Pardon my curiosity and my edgy delivery on the matter. It felt like pulling dino chompers with a pair of tweezers .I knew what I had to do to get the answers, people are perdictable at times. Some will understand it , some won't. In the end I got my answers...CASE CLOSED!

I wonder if scripts come along with links like that lol , come now . . . if your gonna try to BOX someone like that at least get it right Dr. lol
I know a bit more about people then I shall discuss any further. . . I'll leave it at that.

As far as seeing me elsewhere goes, would anyone guess why that is? As was mentioned prior one can be whoever they want to be online and try to dupe people or reinvent different persona's , for WHATever reason. I don't care who reads my posts or where they read them, and to imply that I am this way , or that way , meanm, pighead , stupid , slanderous or any such thing is nonsense. I don't ask , are you sure your right? why on earth would you think that way? and sh!t like that (that BTW I see MANY people do, weilding their knowledge like excalibur , to smite thine enemies *real or imagined*) I am ALWAYS VERY THANKFUL and make it a point that others can see my appreciation for sharing their thoughts, feelings and or views on ANYthing I ask. So lets not imply that I am just a rude "toe stepping mean guy online."

If ANY of you that have helped me with any questions I have asked and my having been rude or ungreatful please do tell ( prior to my GRAVE error of asking about Axioms being BRITE and getting not so nice replies thrown my way.) that is. I am Stone__Man everywhere I go, I hide from noone or nothing. Period.

I'm quite sure there are LOTS that can't say the same of their online demeanor and different personas.

funny all the different ways i had to ask the same questions to get them noticed and answered in a satisfactory way ... and yes TO ME. maybe others understood sooner SORRY that I did not.

Many of you seem to think I'm some Axiom hater, that is nonsense. I find that quite humorous actually. LMAO Just goes to show how little some can view things from outside their little world.

There should be a STICKY on EVERY hifi related forum as what KEY words NOT to use, so as to not get a tongue lashing for using them, ill intent or innocent in origin.

I'll share a general disappointment with ALL this online stuff . No matter what the product is, people are WAY to hung up on what they have . and precious few can answer questions, from the perspective of the person asking , from outside themselves if you will, cause they are so pinned down by the constant defending of their decisions/views against the haters and those that believe otherwise.

crackheads don't "hang" at the opera house, nope, we like to surround ourselves with others that have the same, habits, feelings, interests whatever. It comforts us. It helps justify what we like/do or how we view things.

( I must state for the record there are indeed a few of those here that are able to see things from anothers perspective, sorry I'm not gonna try to name them all , but , Ajax is one that comes to mind) <--- I hope you don't mind my saying that, Ajax.
He has such an amazing way with words. A way of using them that is easily understood by anyone. a rare gift indeed. I am VERY thankful to/for you and others that can and do exibit such tact, and have such a command of the english vernacular.

From what I have read ( and its been a LOT) SUBS are far and away the king of the FANBOYS in the audio world that will try to eat anyone ALIVE for the wrong word spoken.

For anyone else new that comes round if would be GREAT if EVERYone could hear them out, and by ALL means give them the benifit of the doubt, and don't just assume they are trying to knock your product/s. spare them the mud slinging. as it seems quite easy for others, from the safe confines of their chair, to "get on the band wagon" So to speak.

that being said, I honestly am sorry for any and all "toes" I have stepped on in this process of trying to get answers that satisfied ME. I am a good person believe it or not, and i PROMISE that as I learn I will NEVER belittle anyone for asking any question even if they do happen to use one of the KEY words that set others off.

I think everyone should strive to share their knowledge in a thoughtful way , and from outside themselves, remembering that at one point you didn't know sh!t from shine-ola either. <--- stole that from my Grandpap

to end, I'd like to reiterate. I come seeking knowledge, and to try to understand to the best of my ability , this most amazing and detailed world of HIFI. Along the way there were some things that soured on me, and I didn't present myself in the most kind of ways so SORRY for the angles I had taken to get a few questions answered. The main thing I want people to know is 3000$ may or may not be a lot of money for some. To me its a HUGE amount of money and I am trying to put together a KICK @SS system. I've waited MANY years to be able to afford this, so couple that with the fact that I am thorough to a fault. The fact that I have the systems that I on my list of choices should speak to those facts. When I start to overload myself, I know know I need to take a break step back. I didn't do that at all times and the strain has shown through in some of my postings, combine attitudes bad things are sure to happen as they did. Some may be suprised that I am still here, but I said it several times I'm not hiding from anything , including the errors of my ways. I want to learn all I can, cause I know me, I'd be SOOOOO mad at myself for just settling for something, especially as I have the "ear thing" and this to me again is a HUGE purchase. So when I ask something don't be so quick to judge me. with that being said, again IF anyone would like to help me (especially interpriting graphs) I would be MOST greatful. If noone wants to help me determine if axioms will or wont work for me thats fine to, It'll just make my list that much shorter. Don't think I'm trying to get everyone to like me I am not, I see what I have done. I've spoke about it ...
love me hate me . . . thats that fat cat.
i l b c n u
Stone__Man straight up

#137610 05/09/06 08:34 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
You know what, I'll try.

Here is a straight question. What speakers (brands/models) have you critically listened to that you liked or disliked and why?

Without that kind of information, there is no way for anybody to have an intelligent opinion about whether or not you might enjoy Axiom speakers.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#137611 05/09/06 08:36 PM
shareholder in the making
And please (pleaaaaase?) try to be concise.

#137612 05/09/06 08:59 PM
My exact feelings Peter, one will find they will get better feedback if they stay focused and to the point. Writing a novel each time only detours the responses dude.

Peace Out

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#137613 05/09/06 09:01 PM
old hand
old hand
just saw this
In reply to:

And stop telling me to "get over" the spell check thing while accusing everyone else of not reading your posts carefully.

LMAO your something else.

Firstly I don't recall ever saying "tomtuttle" "get over" ANYthing.

Secondly your obviously guilty as to NOT reading what I have written, lol I didn't accuse EVERONE of anything.
I used the word SOME and even MOST a few times that I recall. If I did make the mistake of saying everyone, EVERYONE I'M SORRY! Some of you do read and not just glen posts for negatives.

THIS is the first time I have singled anyone out that I recall, and it shall be the last time I indulge you or anyone with such a rebuttal.

But this "attempt" of yours does not suprise me as you helped get the ball rolling to begin with, but I don't have to tell you that do I, tomtuttle?

there I've come to your level, made it PERSONAL , you happy now? I hope so cause it won't happen again on this forum. I'm not gonna play stupid games. If you wanna PLAY send me a PM, It'll be just between us. Oh, wait, ... that just wont do will it? As you wouldn't be able to try to make yourself look good and make me look bad in front of your peers. oh for shame.

I'm glad you have done this , by George, I think I see more leppard spots!

I've added a spel chek FUNNY at the end of several posts , its just something I sometimes do man. nothing personally directed to ANYone. lighthearted fun . how on earth you've taken to view this as something against you is well. . . laughable LMAO. RELAX MAN! Sheeshhh & GET OVER YOURSELF!

me no shell sheeck GET OVER IT! anyone else taking that as personal? I rest my case .
Stone__Man

#137614 05/09/06 09:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!, oops was that in my mind or did I just post it

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
#137615 05/09/06 09:28 PM
Jesus H. Chrysanthemum, dude.... Take a valium or something.
In reply to:

RELAX MAN! Sheeshhh & GET OVER YOURSELF!

Before you go handing out advice, it is best to be an example of it yourself.

#137616 05/09/06 09:30 PM
he should also apologize to DanMagicman for hijacking this thread.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082