Ian #141169 06/11/06 09:54 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Terrible news. Hang in there, Joe.

Re: Joe VaSSallo
RickF #141170 06/12/06 02:08 PM
old hand
old hand
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. As said before, miracles happen,don't give up. Guy

Ian #141171 06/12/06 07:26 PM
old hand
old hand
Hi Joe,

You and your family would be in my thoughts and prayers, God Bless.

Cheers!
Ian #141172 06/13/06 11:57 PM
M
moe Offline
M
As i sit here and read all the very nice words so many of you people have written i feel like the luckist man ever because i am proud to say that Joe is my Dad and i'am very lucky to have him as a father, any one that has meet him or even talked to him will know he is a great man. Joe makes anyone around him feel the same even in these hard time. He still cracks jokes he has told me he has had a good life. If i can do half the things he has done,seen,and accomplished in life i will have him to thank for that. He has more drive than any person i know he will not give up or take no for a answer he has been a great Husband,Father,Grandfather,brother,father in law,friend and mentor we will all miss him greatly.I would like to thank everyone for all the support and very kind words everyone has sent. Dad reads them daily and appreciates them greatly. I would also like to thank Ian and Amie words can not say how much we appreciate every thing you have done for Dad and the family i can not thank you enought i know Dad loved working there very much.Thank you all
love ya Dad
sincerly Todd

moe #141173 06/14/06 02:55 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Todd, my heart goes out to you and your family. That was very touching, and it made tears come to my eyes. It is obvious you have received some of your fathers gifts, like strength and courage. Family is everything, and it sure sounds like you have a great one, especially one of the greatest dads in the world.

Be strong and know we are all here for you if you need anything. That is the least we can do for all that your father has done for us.

My prayers will continue to be with you and your two families, the VaSSallos and the Axioms.

God Bless all of you.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

moe #141174 06/14/06 04:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite
A loving child is a great testament to a life well lived. Thank you Todd.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
moe #141175 06/14/06 12:26 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Thank you for sharing Todd. My most sincere sympathies to you Joe and all you’re family and friends.
~Jaime

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
Ian #141176 06/14/06 03:50 PM
O
O
Hi Joe:

We can’t allow all these people to post messages to you and not post one ourselves. The three of us have had the good fortune of getting to know the man behind those glasses for oh so many years.

Joe you have been an inspiration to us all. You have an inner strength that can only be described as amazing. We all would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your life, as we are better people for having known you.

Axiom is un-like any other place that we have worked. Sure, we all have our jobs to do and we all strive to do our best, but what makes us different is that we really do all care about each other, we ARE one big family. We laugh together and sometimes we cry together. The employees of Axiom are living proof that people can all work together to get a job done and fully enjoy every step along the way.

Joe has been a brother to us here, always with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. And as with any family member, we are devastated that one of our own is battling such an unforgiving disease.

We are already missing our morning coffee chats where we are updated with fellow co-workers family life happenings, exchange recently heard jokes, debate with one another over some sort of controversial issue, and sometimes we even talk shop. Joe could always be found sitting by Noreen’s desk with a smile; an eager participant, as well as an excellent listener with heartfelt advice to share with all of us.

Joe has told us so many stories from his life, his journey through this world has been an incredible one, too many successes to mention. Sure he had his pitfalls along the way but, with any endeavor that he has undertaken, Joe never gives up. He literally went from starving artist one night to accomplished artist the next, an amazing tale in itself.
We are all in awe of this man who has such a love of life, but there is no bigger love in his life than his family. He and his wife Ruth share an incredible love for each other, they are truly soul mates, and just recently celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary. He often talks proudly about his sons, grandchildren and sisters, and of course we can’t forget mentioning his wonderful sidekick companion “Porsche” his dog.

Joe you are in all of our thoughts daily.

Enjoy each and every moment you have, and always know that you are loved by each and every one of us here.

Joe, I am very proud of you and even at this time in your life you show your unselfishness nature by focusing all your energies on making sure that those around you are going to be okay.

Love you, and always your friend
Noreen Solman

No words can really describe what you have instilled in me. Your love and general outlook on life is so absolutely amazing. I am a better person for having known you.

All my Love
Tracy Simunek

Joe, you’re inspirational, plain and simple!! Because of you... I’ll be forever sporting cargo pants and a tan! Wishing you and your family all the best!!

Love
Amie Lucyk

Ian #141177 06/20/06 10:51 AM
V
V
Joe VaSSallo is the best grandfather any granddaughter could ever hope for,he's loving,careing,funny,and is always showing you some new gadet that is just "dynamite" as he would often say.

As kids me,joey,jessy,and vinny (the grand kids) called him "multi talented grandpa" and that is exactly what he is,he can do it all , from knowing every trick about the yo yo, to self taught computer wiz, artist, and knowing everything there is to know about audio. He's also very passionate about cars in particular his 1976 porsche 911S in which he got his second nickname from the grand kids "porsche papa".

Papa has taught me so many things from how to use photoshop to airbrushing and airbrush tanning, as well as life lessons. When i was younger i used to go with him on wednsdays to his airbrush school in Barrie, and i remember watching him in awe as he would teach and how i wanted to be just like him . Unfortunatly i didnt inherit his artistic abilities,but i do share one interest with him Photography! He gave me my first camera, a disposible camera when i was about 7 years old and i have been taking pictures ever since.

I look up to papa so much and always have we've always have had such a strong connection, I love being in his company.

He's always made me feel special, just little things like buying me roses just because or talking about me to whoever and he has had a nickname for me since i could remember"punky", every time he said it I would have the biggest smile on my face, now when i hear it, it brings me to tears.

There is so much to say about my grandfather I could be at this all day, and still when i read what other people have wrote about him I learn things I never knew about him,which makes me even more amazed by him, but i have to end this somehow.

Papa, you are an incredible person, you've touched so many peoples hearts, and you've changed the way i look at life.I am so proud to be a VaSSallo and better yet your granddaughter.I love you so much and i'll be there to the end and even after.

Love you: Tara VaSSallo
Punky

Ian #141178 06/20/06 03:01 PM
devotee
devotee
Sorry to hear this news. I've been away for awhile. I do believe in miracles and healing and I do believe that God still heals-sometimes miracously and sometimes through doctors. I do know this truth-God is in control. Joe, my prayers are with you and your family.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 418 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup