Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bye, Bye, Axioms...
#143984 07/23/06 05:32 AM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
This is a sad yet good thing. We disconnected the Axioms today and took them out of the home theater area in our house. That is the sad news. The good news is that we are getting closer and closer to having the new dedicated home theater room ready (about 1 hour more of mudding work, and then time to start texturing the ceiling/walls). We are ordering the carpet for the whole basement on Monday, and hopefully in 2 weeks, everything will be done. Carpet, tile, paint, new equipment rack, and everything hooked back up. All depends on the carpet folks. So no more music while working, no more movies for a while, just lots of dusty work for a few more days.

I've been horrible about taking pictures of V3.0 of my home theater. In fact, I haven't taken a single one, unlike V2.0 where I took a good number of photos. Still lots to do even after paint goes up, but we're getting there.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: Bye, Bye, Axioms...
nickbuol #143985 07/23/06 05:36 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Good luck with everything, Nick. You better have pictures once you're done.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #143986 07/24/06 01:19 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Texture went on the ceiling last night, so we are getting there... Tonight should be some sanding and ceiling texture in the closet. Then texture on the walls tomorrow. Wednesday hopefully will be sanding and texturing the ceiling and walls in the bathroom. Thursday should be primer in the bathroom and closet (working back towards the home theater at that point). We have tile coming on Friday, and don't have our paint color figured out yet, but for the small basement bath, we will paint it after the tile is in. Then we have people visiting this weekend, so next Monday will be primer in the home theater, and next Tuesday will be paint all around. Next Thursday we should have carpet being installed, and next Friday, more visitors, so we will take a break.

Pretty bad when I have everything down to the day, but if I don't do it this way, we won't get it done in time. for the tile and carpet.

I figure that I'll take next Friday off work and try to get the speakers, projector, screen, etc set back up in the home theater so that we can at least use it when people are visiting us, although it will have a bit of work to be done before it is "done."

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #143987 07/24/06 03:32 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I missed something in your post:

So when, exactly, is the big cookout and demo weekend for all your Axiom friends?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
nickbuol #143988 07/24/06 03:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Good luck Nick, looking forward to pictures of the new setup.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
MarkSJohnson #143989 07/24/06 08:03 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

I missed something in your post:

So when, exactly, is the big cookout and demo weekend for all your Axiom friends?

Probably right after you get there, help him finish, shop and setup. lol

------------------------------------------------
Leave the gun, Take the canolis.
nickbuol #143990 07/25/06 04:39 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The title of the thread scared me

INANE #143991 07/25/06 04:52 AM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Yeah, I thought that it would grab attention.

We are a little ahead of schedule. I have the ceilings done, as planned for today, but I also have the walls done as well. I am shooting for primer on everything tomorrow (I'll have to leave work early). Then, hopefully, the bathroom can be sanded and textured on Wednesday. Tile has been pushed to next Monday, with grout on next Tuesday, and carpet is next Wednesday. We are starting to think that we should stain all of the door and window frames before the carpet comes, which I should be able to do next Monday since that will just be tile work with an extra day to make sure that I get it all done.

I enjoy the project, but I am honestly ready for some time off from it. I was told by my father-in-law that we wouldn't be able to get it all done before the first weekend in August when we have 10 other people visiting, so of course, I felt that it was a challenge. I can't wait to prove him wrong, but I also can't wait to just be done.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #143992 07/25/06 10:27 AM
veteran
veteran
Looks fantastic. I've never thought bout mounting the 150 center on the top like that... interesting. what type of screen material is that or is it a pre-made?

I'm working (well actually at the thinking stage) right now of how I want to do my screen. I've had great luck in my last house with a real smooth sanded flat white painted wall. I'm wondering if I should make a real screen out of some material this time around.

Good luck with the finishing up work. I hate drywall finishing more than any part of the job. kudos to you for doing it yourself.

Bilbo_Baggins #143993 07/25/06 01:13 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Bilbo, actually those pictures are from v2.0 of my home theater. I am working on v3.0 right now and don't have any pictures.

The 150 worked well above the screen, but in the new room, it will be under the screen instead. I put it above pretty much for the sole purpose of keeping it away from people's feet as it was also where we had our hide-a-bed and with the bed fully extended, it made for a pretty small walk way for people to get around the end of the bed.

The screen is a Carada Brilliant White screen with their Criterion frame. I really like the quality of it, and it was a big improvement over the unpainted wall that I used to have there.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020