Rate Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: And the winner is...
Wid #145188 09/26/06 04:50 PM
dllewel Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Rick, John, Michael (and all): Thank you for your very kind words.

Quote:

I'm very dissapointed that you don't live closer to me so I can come over and watch movies every weekend. That is a very nice looking room and I am extremely jealous.

The wood finish on those Axioms is beautiful. Cherry has always been one of my favorite grains, and I keep waiting to tire of it, but I don't think I ever will. Something about it that just seems right. Of course, when I go to the custom finish page all the samples look nice.

Sean, I wish the drive time from Utah to California was shorter. I love it there. You are welcome any time if you are ever in the area. I also agree with you on the grain of the cherry wood. It has a nice balance in that it is interesting to look at, yet not too much.

Quote:

Wow, the Natural Cherry Satin finish looks extremely nice in your room Dave ... that is an amazing HT, absolutely beautiful.

Thank you Rick. I am very happy with how the speakers look like they belong in the room. Thanks to Axiom for having samples.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity and I may have missed it prior but what are your room dimensions?

My overall room (incl. the open kitchenette in back) is 13' by 36'. The theater area itself is about 13' by 24', and the ceiling is 7.5'.

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if Mark is getting his AFL phrase trade-marked so I can pay him $1 every time I use it? If I keep it up, I'll need to send him one of the 500s as payment

AFL!

I'll PM you my snail mail address and send you $$ to cover the shipping fees!

Mark, perfect response to my question! Made me smile. I'll watch for that shipping $ in the mail.

Quote:

I said it before, but I’ll say it again…..my next HT is going to be a copy of yours. I’ve seen pictures of many, but none have ever caught my eye like yours has. I can’t think of anything I’d want to do differently.

Mike, I just can't imagine you wanting to do yours differently than it is. Your recent updated pics are fabulous- a very beautiful room. And your sauna, and the rest of your house looks 'AFL' awesome. I find all that woodwork very inviting. I wish my house looked like yours.

* 'AFL' is a Trademark phrase of Mark S. Johnson. All rights reserved.

Quote:

Freaking awsome room man, I love it! I agree with most here that if I ever built a new house I will most likely be taking the design of your theatre room.

The kitchen in the back must prove to be used constantly throuout the movies!

It certainly is useful to have, but most of the popcorn and snacks are selected prior to shows. But guests are always welcome to more snaks or drinks from the fridge anytime. It's nice to have the sink to wash popcorn bowls or glasses after, but it really doesn't get near the use as the main kitchen upstairs. We store a lot of items we don't use all that often (like the China) in the cabinets.

Thank you for the compliments Hutzal.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/
Re: And the winner is...
dllewel #145189 09/26/06 07:56 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Quote:

I'll watch for that shipping $ in the mail.

Kewl!
PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a $200 money order.... that should cover it pretty easily!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020