Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Headphone Amp vs Reciever Help, and Headphone
danmagicman7 #147251 09/15/06 04:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Congrats! Glad to hear they showed up!

....I'm still waiting.

Bass-wise, my Ms-1s sound pretty much the same as my M50s do without the sub. So know what you mean. I expect; from what I have been reading; that the MS2i will do somewhat better,......when they eventually get here. I don't suspect that they will anywhere equal the slam of the sub either.

Anyway; congrats on your delivery! That's good news! And I hope to be able to share some notes and observations soon too!Rich.

F107plus5 #147252 09/15/06 05:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That Mr. Murphy; the one who makes all those silly laws? Y'all know the one, he's such a kidder!

"Have you posted yet? Ya did?....ok!"

Just when my nose was away from the front glass...."Honk, Honk" "Mail Delivery!"

They're here, and they sound great right out of the box.

.....my sockets are under weight. These things are "HEAVY"!!

And the bowls feel weird! Gonna take some getting used to.

The Bass Is Good!!
Rich!

F107plus5 #147253 09/15/06 07:16 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hey Rick! Yer right!!

As the SR-325i beat out the SR-60s; so do the MS2i beat out the MS-1!!

All your predictions came true!!

And right straight outta the pizza-box!!
Rich.

....oh.....the bass isn't just good.....(as Tony says)it's Greaaat!! On one of my CDs a real strong poorly recorded kick-drum only puts out a fuzzy indistinct pressure in the MS-1s. Now the kick has KICK!! Real controll!!

EDIT: Also; I've been wearing these things for over two hours straight now with the bowls.....cool!!

Last edited by F107plus5; 09/15/06 07:18 PM.
F107plus5 #147254 09/15/06 09:18 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I'm glad both of you got just what you wanted. I do a lot of hp listening anymore.

Yeah Rich, like I said before what the lower end Grado's do the higher end ones do in spades. It's not a subtle difference either, it's huge imo.

I almost forgot, try the bowls on your Ms 1's. Tell me what you think.

Last edited by wid; 09/15/06 09:19 PM.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #147255 09/15/06 11:15 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah Rick; these things are something else again! I am as happy with my silver mushrooms as you are with your golden ones!!

What is surprizing is just how much better they sound than the MS-1s without even having an amp. I really didn't expect this much of an improvement. A lot of the folks on the other forum were warning me about setting myself up for disapointment.

No disapointment here!

Yup; I was thinking of changing out the pads and throwing the bowls an the MS-1s and 414s on the MS2s after the new wears off a bit. Right now I'm almost afraid to touch them and add fingerprints even!!

I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to classify the bowls as more comfy than the 414s yet.....I'm not sure I'm ready to say even "as" comfy as 4141s yet, but I going to give them a real good chance as I'm very happy with the way these cans sound! I do have to admit to having worn them for a bit over three and a half hours since they showed up this afternoon, and that ain't bad!!

Had to take them off when the kids got home from school and we had dinner.(couldn't wear them with the PCDP at dinner cuz I dont have a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter, or good life insurance. The Wife, ya know! )

Speakin' of the Wife. She's been making noises about taking over the MS-1s for her computer and zen.

....I guess that's ok....shucks, I don't think I'll be wantin' to listen to lesser cans anyways!!

So....I put the pizza-box up on the dresser next to the one from the MS-1s, and it hit me(duh; no kidding!)that, Hey! I have two out of three of the Alessandros! I have also read that some folks find MS-Pros as being OK with most classical. Hmmmmmm.....? Wonder if MS2i with a dry analytical amp for rock and....MS-Pro with a good warm tube amp for classical!

My M50s do it all! Why can't phones!? Unfair!!

Hey! another CD just ended! Maybe bowls AREN'T so bad after all!
Rich.

F107plus5 #147256 09/16/06 01:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
"Ok" I said as I questioned the difference in comfort between the MS-1 and MS2, "Lets slap the little dears back on the ears just for grins." Couldn't put 'em back on without tunes though.

Hey! Not bad! Not bad at all!

I'd best be carefull of critisism of the MS-1s. They miss some top, they miss some bottom, they even miss a little in the middle, but they sound the "same" as MS2i. Not just as Much! I'm gonna guess 70% of MS2i for 33% of the price!!

MS-1s are still highly recommended Axiom sound-alikes!
Rich.

.....ok now; where'd I put my MS2s?

F107plus5 #147257 09/16/06 01:54 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Same goes for the SR 60's, highly recommended. I'm listening to them with a Creative Zen and portable hp amp right now, not bad at all. I just got the Zen tonight, it sure is going to beat taking the portable cd player and amp with me on my bike rides. I'm quite suprised with the sq.

Don't get me wrong they sure as heck are no match for they 325's but the are still keepers. You need to get the wife an amp for the Zen, it makes a HUGE difference.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #147258 09/16/06 03:03 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
My Wife has had the Zen for quite a while and has only been listening to it with cheap earbuds. I tried it once a few weeks ago with my MS-1s and it sure sounded a lot better than what she had. She isn't too concerned with fidelity, as a matter of fact she usually listens with just ONE EAR so she can hear what's going on around her, and to get lots of tunes in her machine she normally use the most compressed of sampling rates!!

One day while praising up the KSC 75s I also showed her a picture of a mint-can-amp, and she wondered where(small as it was) she could put such a thing!!

Sho also thought the Kosses would interfere with her glasses. I batted a zero that day.

She is slowly coming around though. I caught her looking at new higher capacity players and even my MS-1s, so.....

There may be hope for her yet!
Rich.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082