Page 1 of 2 1 2
Check this out! (2D renders of theatre)
#149674 10/18/06 03:30 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well,

I have found that waiting to purchase your theatre system is hard enough, i have found a way to make the time go by faster!

WARNING! Never EVER Download Google Sketchup if you are planning out a theatre room, the fact that you can make everything to scale makes it THAT MUCH WORSE! I spent around 4 hours making this model, it looks quite cool though, and I can get an accurate look at what the room will look like. I didn't feel like building an AV rack, would take another 30 mins...mabey tonite!

The Projector will be shelf mounted on that rear window ledge.

3 x M22s along the front
2 x QS8s for the side surrounds
2 x QS4s on the rear wall.

Do I Have OCD? I have figured out that I do after I got involved with you Axiom Folk!

Without further adoo (sp?), here are the 2D renders of my planned theatre room. All to scale!

Sketchup even has real textures such as wood, I wanted to show you guys the wood texture on the front speakers!

In conclusion, anyone that knows a good shrink in Calgary please PM me! (just in case anyone thinks I am serious, really, don't pm me, I already know a good shrink!)

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 10/18/06 03:48 PM.
Re: Check this out! (3D renders of theatre)
Hutzal #149675 10/18/06 03:39 PM
shareholder in the making
Even though you have a door in that front left corner, you can still mount 4" 703 off the adjacent wall and/or attach one to the back of the door. No, it won't be stradeling the corner like the others, but will still help in the bass trapping category. One of Ethan's videos showed a recording room where they put panels on the door, spaced off slightly.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #149676 10/18/06 03:45 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Quote:

Even though you have a door in that front left corner, you can still mount 4" 703 off the adjacent wall and/or attach one to the back of the door. No, it won't be stradeling the corner like the others, but will still help in the bass trapping category. One of Ethan's videos showed a recording room where they put panels on the door, spaced off slightly.

I was thinking about doing that, I don't want the trap to come past the door frame ( think there is about 4 - 6 inches of room there). The wife will def. NOT let me put a trap on the door as the door will be swining out of the room into the hallway, I would prefer an inside swinging door, but our hallway is very wide and I didn't want to run the risk of having the door run into the M22. I also wanted to keep my options open for placement of the M22s.

My room is a must for bass trapping (as you can see) with the soffit like that, it will create alot of muffled bass on the soffit side of the room. Depending on how the room sounds when tt is finally built, I may bass trap under the soffit to eliminate any nodes. Of course they will be very small bass traps, but anything helps in that category.

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #149677 10/18/06 04:09 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Cool pix, Hutz! Nice work!

Sketchup is definitely a time-sucker. You have more patience and precision than I do.

Medic8r is the house shrink. Perhaps he makes cross-continental house calls.

It looks like that front row of seats is pretty close to the screen. I'm sorry - I've not been following your adventure closely, so you probably have all of the distances and angles already in the bag. Randy's got skills in that area.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #149678 10/18/06 04:14 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
>>It looks like that front row of seats is pretty close to the screen.

Viewing distance is about 9 feet. My room is only 16 feet long so I needed to comprimise in order to get a 6 foot wide riser in there.

Seating distance to the screen is not that big of a deal though, its all relative, if you sit closer to a smaller screen its the same as sitting farter away from a bigger screen.

As longs as your angle of viewing to the sides of the screen are the same you will be having the same experience with either scenario.

This is all in theory mind you.

Sketchup is freaking awsome, I told my wife about it now she wants me to build a model of her dream house...sheesh, that could take a month!

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #149679 10/19/06 04:11 AM
J
J
I trust all this time sketching the room is time being passed waiting for more supplies/funds for the room, otherwise, GET TO WORK, you could have that room drywalled in 4hrs!

To heck with me giving you the audition, I want to hear yours when it's done. My HT room is also the main play area for my kids and open across one end, TV in the corner, not ideal, but still sounds great to me. I would hope that your dedicated room sounds better than mine.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
tomtuttle #149680 10/19/06 01:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Medic8r is the house shrink. Perhaps he makes cross-continental house calls.

Thanks for the plug! With my new practice, I'll need all the business I can get!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Hutzal #149681 10/19/06 01:24 PM
HAY Offline
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

>>Seating distance to the screen is not that big of a deal though, its all relative, if you sit closer to a smaller screen its the same as sitting farter away from a bigger screen.

Yikes!

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss
HAY #149682 10/19/06 02:10 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
>>Yikes!

You're telling me!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
jakewash #149683 10/19/06 02:14 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Quote:

I trust all this time sketching the room is time being passed waiting for more supplies/funds for the room, otherwise, GET TO WORK, you could have that room drywalled in 4hrs!

To heck with me giving you the audition, I want to hear yours when it's done. My HT room is also the main play area for my kids and open across one end, TV in the corner, not ideal, but still sounds great to me. I would hope that your dedicated room sounds better than mine.

As you guessed it, the funds are what is keeping me back. I had to finish the rest of the basement in the last 2 months, all of it was framed and half of it was drywalled.

We already spent a considerable amount finishing the rest of the basement, getting it mudded proffesionally (after we mudded the theatre room, there were too many mistakes to leave the hallway with a curved wall and archways to myself).

I have realized the hard way that construction type things cost ALOT of money, more than you ever think.

The basement is ALMOST all done getting mudded. I am still waiting on funds, but next month I hope to order all my cables and pre-wire the room, and put up the ceiling. I should have pre-wired prior to drywalling the room, but I wasn't thinking about it. At least the ceiling is open So i can drill through the studs and fish some wire through the walls.

Haha, when my theatre is all up and running, i'll for sure get you over for a showing of LOTR.

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616