Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question of Subwoofer Selection
BudgetAudiophile #155464 01/11/07 10:36 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

I thought that I might have come across the wrong way. I originally joined the forum to ask a question (which I did after my initial post), then ran across the sub question. I like my SVS sub, so I commented.

The PC-Ultra and the EP500 are very close in price, shipped. The PB-Ultra costs more than the PC-Ultra, and costs more to ship, as well.

Since I'm considering Axiom speakers for my next HT upgrade, I'm almost sorry I bought the SVS sub. Not that I'm disappointed with the performance, but that I could have saved money by buying an antire HT package from Axiom.

Fair enough, sometimes people come in here promoting other products...like its not obvious enough this is an Axiom board

I may have come off a bit harsh

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #155465 01/11/07 11:05 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

I've recommended other brands as much as the next guy. If buy chance another brand will suit a person better then I see no reason not to. I commend Ian and Amie for allowing us to do so without deleting the post.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

BudgetAudiophile #155466 01/12/07 12:31 AM
veteran
veteran
Quote:

I thought that I might have come across the wrong way. I originally joined the forum to ask a question (which I did after my initial post), then ran across the sub question. I like my SVS sub, so I commented.

The PC-Ultra and the EP500 are very close in price, shipped. The PB-Ultra costs more than the PC-Ultra, and costs more to ship, as well.

Since I'm considering Axiom speakers for my next HT upgrade, I'm almost sorry I bought the SVS sub. Not that I'm disappointed with the performance, but that I could have saved money by buying an antire HT package from Axiom.

I'm pretty sure you still get a discount if you buy 5 items-and if you are really budget concious people say good things about the factory outlet speakers-if you are patient enough to wait for them.

People often recommend other stuff over Axiom around here-especially for the lower end subs. SVS in particular has a good name.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,046 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup