Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Anti-Cables (and hello!)
Ajax #159289 02/20/07 11:14 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I think the speaker wire controversy (at least on this board) boils down to four "camps".

#1. Those, who have bought, used, (or in this case heard), a good product, and want others to benefit from their experience, and post about it.

#2. Those, generally parsimonious, who say "cables" do not work, and "parrot" other, like minded board members. In reality, it is just their plausible excuse.....what they really don't like........... is the PRICE.

#3. Those, more "scientific" that say there is no proof, etc. This "type"...almost exclusively, not only have never sought their own proof, (hearing for themselves) they endlessly link web blurbs, and graphs, etc...quote others, relying that all that is claimed, is 100% correct.....so they can repeat it.

#4. Those "new" board members, (who come along every so often), usually rude, and obnoxious, who like to "stir the pot", with this subject....knowing others will sooner, or later....go too far. They claim they are "new", and never ment to cause the chaos...and sit back and laugh at those who fall for it...........EVERY time.

With all these "camps".....let's all be "happy campers" ok?

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)
LT61 #159290 02/20/07 11:22 PM
shareholder in the making
No.

You know why? You implicitly insult anyone in groups 2 or 3 (and 4) because they don't agree with you. Not cool.

Now, here's my 2 cents, just because everyone else is throwing money in the pot.

Some cables are different--because they modify the signal in some way. If they're thinner than optimal for accurate transmission, they roll off the top a little bit (because of increased resistance). This can be interpreted as "warmer." If they have exotic includes (like capacitors or other), they adjust the sound in other ways.

Many cables just accurately transmit the signal, just like other cables--including those horrible, horrible 16 gauge cables.

I would link some papers, but obviously that's not allowed or believable.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
LT61 #159291 02/20/07 11:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

I think the speaker wire controversy (at least on this board) boils down to four "camps".

#1. Those, who have bought, used, (or in this case heard), a good product, and want others to benefit from their experience, and post about it.

#2. Those, generally parsimonious, who say "cables" do not work, and "parrot" other, like minded board members. In reality, it is just their plausible excuse.....what they really don't like........... is the PRICE.

#3. Those, more "scientific" that say there is no proof, etc. This "type"...almost exclusively, not only have never sought their own proof, (hearing for themselves) they endlessly link web blurbs, and graphs, etc...quote others, relying that all that is claimed, is 100% correct.....so they can repeat it.

#4. Those "new" board members, (who come along every so often), usually rude, and obnoxious, who like to "stir the pot", with this subject....knowing others will sooner, or later....go too far. They claim they are "new", and never ment to cause the chaos...and sit back and laugh at those who fall for it...........EVERY time.

You forgot #5

#5. Those who dont give a rats ass.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
LT61 #159292 02/20/07 11:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Was that meant in any way to be a objective summary?

Regardless, I don't belong to any of those "camps". I've read countless heated debates on the issue, and decided to check it out for myself. I bought some pricey cables, and compared them in my own living room with some cheap 16g copper. I heard no difference. I sold the fancy cables. I do like the "look" of big beefy cables though, so I built some of my own using this, this, this, and finally, these. Now they just look fancy and expensive, when in reality they cost me about $60 for the pair and were a hoot to make.

spiffnme #159293 02/21/07 12:18 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Nice links, Craig. Thanks!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Ken.C #159294 02/21/07 12:37 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Kcarlile,

I think that's a cheap shot...telling other board members they should be/feel insulted by my post...THAT was far more likley to incite, than anything I said.

If we are going to be hyper-sensitive about feelings...maybe some here should not always tell those who post about this, "YOU ARE HEARING THINGS,AND HAVE WASTED YOUR MONEY".....I guess that mantra is ok.

Spiffnme,

Just my observations.

Bray,

I think there IS a #5.

#5. Those who, even when they know better......post ANYTHING in a speaker wire thread.

LT61 #159295 02/21/07 12:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think that several posters on this thread should go back and review their high school physics! If the R, L, C parameters of one cable are the same (or very nearly the same) as another cable, then, THERE IS NO AUDIO DIFFERENCE TO YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!

Anyone or any company that tells you different is just full of BS!!!!

I sure do get tired of going through this same set of crap at least once or twice a year.

Fact not Fiction!

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
LT61 #159296 02/21/07 12:47 AM
Cancel that. I'm withdrawing from this argument.

Last edited by kcarlile; 02/21/07 12:49 AM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #159297 02/21/07 01:52 AM
veteran
veteran
Here we go an here i go , i DO HAVE A Set of the Anti Cable's an i love em i switched from MIT 2's an thought that the Detail an Bass was better an so for me it payed off but i did have a couple different budds come over at Different times an let them hear them for themselves to see what they thought an they genuinely liked them better than the MIT 2's , So that is my 2 cents worth

If You Are Gonna Do It , Do It Right !!!
TweedleyD #159298 02/21/07 03:11 AM
veteran
veteran
"Semper ubi sub ubi ubique"

Words we can all live by.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16