Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Axiom Exhibit at Toronto Interior Design Show
Ken.C #159852 02/25/07 11:42 PM
local
local
i remember getting an opportunity to vote on the case design of the axiom amp a long time ago. i think it was through the owners club.

too bad they missed the home show in Indianapolis. northern Indianapolis ( Carmel and Noblesville) probably has a large demand for the market it sounds like they are trying to reach

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Ken.C #159853 02/26/07 12:37 AM
jakeman Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Quote:

I dunno, we heard about the EP400 early, the W series early (heck, we named 'em!), the amp early (I think)... Pretty sure we heard about the EP5 and 600s early.

Right on KCarlie. The only item which hasn't been mentioned before are the computer speakers. The Axiom people spend a terrific amount of time catering to members of this site. That makes business sence given its their primary distribution outlet and we are their biggest fans.

Mark with all due respect your on a big tangent to what is really going on. Time for a double espresso and some soothing tunes on your Axiom gear.

John
jakeman #159854 02/26/07 01:34 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Quote:

Mark with all due respect your on a big tangent to what is really going on. Time for a double espresso and some soothing tunes on your Axiom gear.

Not at all condescending.

Here is Alan mentioning almost a year ago that outdoor speakers will be in development "in the future". I didn't see any real "press release" on the Sherwood Newcastle line. I think the last mention anywhere on Axiom's amp was in an Audioholics article...I think someone here wondered recently if the amp was still forthcoming now that they're carrying Sherwood. Their new website was just mentioned in a post the other day by a forum member, not as a "release". I don't think anyone knew of computer speakers.

Listen John, I'm not going off on Axiom.... I've always been a huge supporter. I'm just expressing a dissatisfaction that they don't seem to have any path in place to announce products...it just seems to "happen" and we, likely their biggest supporters, almost always hear it through the grapevine...

Why you seem to feel it's necessary to be so condescending is beyond me. But I've never been known as a scrapper on these forums, and I don't plan to become one. I think the company needs improvement in this area, and I care enough to mention it. You don't feel that this area needs improvement.

Let's just walk away and agree to disagree.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #159855 02/26/07 02:30 AM
jakeman Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Mark, I didn't mean to be condescending just wondering why you are so negative about what was otherwise a happy event. I guess we do disagree as I see nothing unusual with showcasing new products at trade shows. And as been pointed out by several posters before me most information shows up at this site first. Many audio companies choose venues like CES to showcase new stuff first anyway but in this case most of the info has been discussed. So I don't believe your negativity is justified.

John
jakeman #159856 02/26/07 02:55 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
John, you are correct about trade shows. In my business, there are always new products that are "Hush-Hush" before they are introduced at the HPBA Show. (Hearth, Patio, & BBQ Association)

Mark, I understand your position as well. It would have been nice on Friday to see a notice at least saying something like, "New prototypes being shown at trade show this week-end."

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
real80sman #159857 02/26/07 03:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I tend to agree with you Mark.
I'm just not as grumpy about it.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
bray #159858 02/26/07 01:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I think both Mark and John have made valid points. While John has pointed out that Axiom's behavior is not abnormal, Mark has wondered why they haven't talked more about these products here on the forum.

I'm chuckling about this whole thing because, in addition to hanging out here, I hang out over at the av123 forum as well, and Mark Schifter operates in a completely different manner. He generates excitement about his products by announcing them way ahead, sometimes years ahead, of release and sharing nearly all the developmental headaches. But, he takes a lot of criticism, from competitors and forum members alike, for missing release date guesstimates and allowing the forum to see the goofs and glitches of the developmental process.

Now here is Axiom taking a little heat for not sharing that process. Two completely different approaches, and each has it's positives and negatives. I don't think either approach is "wrong." In fact, going by what I know of the two companies and their people, each has chosen the correct approach for them. I'm beginning to feel sorry for these manufacturers. It seems that no matter what they do, they are just not going to please all of the people all of the time.

It's just a guess on my part, but I suspect Mark is not as bent out of shape about not hearing about these products as he appeared in his first post, and John isn't as critical of Mark's question as he seems. As usual, it's not what we say, but rather how we say it, that gets us in trouble. What I know is that both are good guys, and assets to the forum.

Ajax #159859 02/26/07 04:27 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Bickering aside, I like the fact that Axiom has "stepped out" in this kind of venue. Hopefully they'll keep that momentum rolling with more active participation and spread the mesasage of high quality audio with great value.

Ajax #159860 02/26/07 04:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
wicked report,

Looking forward to those computer speakers!!!!

I agree with mark in part.

I think the solution would be for Axiom to have a forum dedicated for press releases for the forum members. No responses, just the releases of when new products are coming up and such so at least we know about them.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #159861 02/26/07 05:54 PM
N
devotee
devotee
N
Yes, Axiom could do a better job of marketing new information to its customers - simple press releases or pictures would suffice. I am looking for outdoor speakers, and did not realize Axiom will be offering these items soon. Thanks to this thread, I may actually hold off and wait to see if Axiom will be selling these soon.

Epic Grande Master 500 w/ on wall VP180
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020