Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Speaker Calibration Inconsistency
abbub #161213 03/10/07 07:08 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

Isn't that sort of the idea, though? I thought you weren't really supposed to actively 'notice' the mix that's being sent to the surrounds? (...at least with Home Theatre. Surround setup for audio is a whole different beast, from what I can tell...) Anyway, it seems pretty common for people to turn up the surrounds, rears and subs (!) a bit more than they should in order to emphasize the fact that they have them.

I'd say in general terms the ambience effects shouldn't jump out at you... except in action sequences in certain movies where directional info is intentionally sent to the rears / surrounds and you're meant to hear them there. I occasionally change the surround / sub levels to suit my taste.

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
Spoiler #161214 03/11/07 02:40 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I dont mean notice the surrounds like where they are placed, I just wasnt hearing the surround information as much as i wanted and probably should have been. I compare what I hear in our dedicated theater to what I hear in an actual theater and when i turned up the surrounds and center It was more like being in the real thing. Only the floor isint sticky, the bass is better and i dont have to put up with 100 other people

Spoiler #161215 03/12/07 12:02 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that sort of the idea, though? I thought you weren't really supposed to actively 'notice' the mix that's being sent to the surrounds? (...at least with Home Theatre. Surround setup for audio is a whole different beast, from what I can tell...) Anyway, it seems pretty common for people to turn up the surrounds, rears and subs (!) a bit more than they should in order to emphasize the fact that they have them.

I'd say in general terms the ambience effects shouldn't jump out at you... except in action sequences in certain movies where directional info is intentionally sent to the rears / surrounds and you're meant to hear them there. I occasionally change the surround / sub levels to suit my taste.

Agreed, You don't want constant ambient noise from them unless it belongs there, but if a bullet or jet is flying by from front to back, I want to hear it zing to the back.

Could be just my preference but when a lighting strike makes me jump and turn around to see if one of my wall outlets exploded behind me, you'll hear me say "cool!"

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 175 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup