Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Emotiva LMC/LPA or Outlaw 1070 for M80 setup?
richeydog #161407 03/15/07 06:19 PM
bhull Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Quote:

Quote:

I do believe that the LMC-1 has issues.

Read Gonk at AV123 forum

An interesting development has occured after you posted that link. If you continue reading that thread, Dan Laufman has made a statement concerning the LMC-1. He has said all remaining issues have been resolved...and will be making an announcement tomorrow explaining all the details

We will see...

Awesome! I checked it out and am suprised the president of the company himself posted there...nice to see them paying attention and rectifyng issues. So far I am completely sold on this combo....now I just need some more overtime to be able to afford all this!

Kinda funny, I was originally going to buy a DefTech Pro Cinema 1000 and some kind of Denon receiver. Then I screwed myself by doing some research, learning about response curves and other ratings. Slowly as I read more and more, my budget kept crawling up and up. I went from wanting that combo to wanting a combo that is going to cost more than twice as much as I had intended to spend. I think the running tally is going to be around $4200 (I know, thats not a lot for many HT/Audiophiles, but its a lot for my middle class ass)...but I know I am trading/paying for the difference of "oh that sounds really good" to "OH MY GOD!"...and considering the price points of a lot of products, I think the chosen components are at the real sweet spot for price/performance.

Anyway, I have about half the money saved up and should be ready to order everything within the next 60 days or so...really looking forward to having a pair of M80s flanking my TV and the HSU sub sitting next to my couch.

Re: Emotiva LMC/LPA or Outlaw 1070 for M80 setup?
bhull #161408 03/16/07 04:25 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
BH, I intentionally wasn't specific, since moderately priced receivers are so good these days that, as long as you get the features you want, you really can't go wrong. Among those that come to mind in that general price area are the Denon 887, Onkyo 604 and Yamaha 661.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082