Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The "Everybody's Weird" thread
#163359 03/29/07 01:40 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
So, everybody's weird. What is something weird about you?

I've got a weird physical feature...I have a big butt. It's not huge (like fat huge) it's just big...sticks out. On several occasions I've gone into stores to fit pants for me...and I get interesting responses. Like, when I got a suit tailored for me, it was time to measure the pants. So, the salesman goes "It's a good thing you have a small waist and these come in a size 38. All we'll have to do is take in the waist to about a 32 and leave everything else how it is." Then made a vague remark about my "rear section." One time in a backpacking store the guy asked my waist size..then tried on these rain pants. When I put the "thin person's" pants on, almost immediately he was like..."Your seat section isn't fitting right...here, try a Large."

And of course, having a big butt in college always gets a few good teasings in college. I've been told my wife will be appreciative of my butt...along the lines of "something to hold on to"...whatever that means. Hey, that's what I've been told.

So, I'm weird for posting this, and weird in general, but what is weird about you?

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
Re: The "Everybody's Weird" thread
danmagicman7 #163360 03/29/07 01:59 PM
devotee
devotee
Quote:

So, I'm weird for posting this, and weird in general, but what is weird about you?

That I was intrigued by this thread and actually read the post...and felt it necessary to respond

Last edited by DanielBMe; 03/29/07 01:59 PM.
danmagicman7 #163361 03/29/07 03:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yeah, kinda cool idea for a thread, but for me this may be a little too much like work ...

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
danmagicman7 #163362 03/29/07 03:25 PM
shareholder in the making
This thread could be fun.

I broke my nose when I was two by running into a coffee table. (My father, his brother, and their father have all broken their noses.)
I pulled an iron down onto my head as a toddler (it was my mom's fault because she left the cord dangling) and the injury required stitches above my right eye.
I broke my left arm by falling from a treehouse shortly after relieving myself into a neighbor's yard.
I bit through my lower lip after cannonballing right onto my brother in a swimming pool. He was uninjured.
I broke my wrist in 7th grade by trying to dunk a basketball with the assistance of a strategically-placed chair. The chair didn't stay put.
I broke my collarbone in a mountain-biking accident on the first day of summer after 8th grade.

Let's see, what else...

I had braces in college and they were removed just a few weeks prior to my wedding day.
I wanted to be an Astrophysicist when I started college, but the math was too intense so I switched to Anthropology. Now I work in IT.
I once drove from Seattle to Vancouver (and back), just to have dessert.
I've been working for the same company for 7 years, but in three different cities.

pmbuko #163363 03/29/07 03:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've been electrocuted over 17 times. Some minor, some major.

The youngest was when I was less than a year old. I was crawling around the living room and decided that it would be fun to bite THROUGH an electrical cord for a lamp that was plugged in.

I've stuck a butter knife in an electrical outlet was I was about 10. Threw me back a couple of feet and knocked me out.

I've had a computer monitor (found out it was faulty after the fact) discharge when I was leaning over it at a previous job. The jolt when through my chest (heart) and out my hand that was touching a grounding strap. (That one was freaky. I swear my heart stopped.)

I've had various home improvement projects where I'm helping someone who SWEARS that the power is shut off, and ZAP. I've done this to myself too when I was working in my basement and the circuit breaker (in a brand new house) was mislabeled. It read that there was a circuit for the basement outlets, so I turn it off, just to find out that some of the outlets were tied in to another circuit, but weren't labeled as such... ZAP.

I was working on my car once when I found a wiring short circuit the hard way. ZAP ZAP.

I've gotten a shock when doing the old "smell" test on a failing circuit board. Leave it plugged in, get real close to fine the "circuit burn" smell, and ZAP. Got me right on the nose. Needless to say, I threw the board away in anger.

I've had my youngest daughter turn on a light when I was removing the metal part of a broken light bulb from the socket.

Oh, and yes, I HAVE stuck a new 9-volt battery to my tongue.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #163364 03/29/07 04:25 PM
buff
buff
Quote:

I've been electrocuted over 17 times. Some minor, some major.

That's shocking Nick!!!

I am the second oldest of 9 children - something you do not see too often these days.
I got my motorcyle licence when I was 43 and did a 13,000 km (8125 miles) trip out to Yosemite in 2005.

Axiom Audio
danmagicman7 #163365 03/29/07 04:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I am the oldest of five.

I am the oldest of five adopted children. My parents were unable to conceive and so adopted five of us. From what I know, I was born illegitimate to two college kids in 1960. My two younger sisters and I were all adopted day of birth but my two brothers were adopted when they were seven and nine...
Programming DOES happen before age seven! My brothers have proven that (very long story).

My parents were very loving people and so to add to the fun, they were also foster parents when we were growing up...at one time, there were 13 of us living under one roof. (Many funny and sad stories here...)

As my parents both worked, I was the one designated to cook. I had to cook for the troups (or troops) but felt more like a circus with trained animals and all. This is how I learned to cook...en masse. I still have trouble cooking for smaller than 10 people sometimes.

My Dad is ex-Navy and yet my hair length is almost to my waist currently (I grow it out, cut it off and send it to Locks of Love). Many interesting arguments growing up...brothers kept Navy haircuts...I was the rebel, the Long Haired Hippie...although I was the one to finish high school, three rounds of college and am currently employed full time.

"Fine!...And you?"

WhatFurrer

Last edited by WhatFurrer; 03/29/07 05:03 PM.

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."
WhatFurrer #163366 03/29/07 04:58 PM
Hey, my hair's almost to my waist, too! I've done the locks of love thing once, 2 years ago. I guess my hair grows slowly.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
nickbuol #163367 03/29/07 04:59 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
I know I could never compare with Peter, but I'll flog my memory banks for some uninteresting tidbits.

When I was a little shaver(about 5 years old)I sat down in the neighbors garden and harvested all his tomato plants. At about the same time I was visiting my grandparents and I thought it would be to fill up their neighbors automobile gas tank with sand, one handful at a time. That took an entire afternoon. Both of these instances resulted in an angry phone call to my parents. I once picked up a rusty old ham can, filled it with water during a water fight, tripped and darn near sliced my thumb off. I got into a paint fight with my gf and I poured a full paint can over her head, I felt bad about that so I married the poor girl. I helped my best friend build a lifesize replica of the Star Ship Enterprise, but we couldn't get it to stand up. I don't want to reveal too much, so I'll stop now.

littleb #163368 03/29/07 05:47 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've taken out two trees. The first time I was on a red plastic sled with my sister sitting behind me. I was about 10 at the time. The back hill was all ice and we were going so fast into the yard behind us with a tree about as thick as a baseball bat right in front of us. I tried to swerve and thought we avoided it, when something comes up and hits my knee and we stop. I look over and the front of the sled had cut right through the tree.

The second time I was mowing the neighbor's lawn when I was 14 or so. It was a riding mower and I didn't turn in time. Drove right over the tree, actually more of a shrub I guess, and chopped it down with the mower.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,000 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup