Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Xitel HiFi Link Users....Question
#165344 04/14/07 02:44 AM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I have used Xitel HiFi Link AN1 for the past 2 years. I have not had any problems at all until recently.

I have a Dell inspiron 6000 w/ Windows XP.

I have used this device for 2 years with no issues. I recently started having problems after installing a Logitech Quick Cam 5000.

Roughly after that, after installing the USB cable for the xitel, instead of the computer automatically detecting the device, I had to go through control panel, sounds and audio devices, audio, sound playback, and select the HiFi device to get it to work.

Then, just recently, after going through the above process, it would start playing, then it would stop working and errors would come up, such as USB Device Not Recognized. Sometimes if it is plugged in for a while, the computer will detect it, then call out an error, detect it again, etc. pretty rapidly, then stop.

There are no drivers associated with the xitel device, but the drivers it's using are not working. I suspect the logitech may have done something to this, but I don't see how. Have any xitel users experienced similar problems...

Thanks!

Re: Xitel HiFi Link Users....Question
tmwsiy17 #165345 04/14/07 03:23 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Rick, I'm replying since for the past few years I've also used the Xitel hifi-link(also with a Dell Inspiron)to listen, using the USB output, to classical music streamed from all over the world. I haven't had any real difficulties of the kind that you describe and don't have much helpful advice to offer. As you know, the Xitel is simply wires and a DAC, so it has nothing to do with the problem. As long as the multimedia properties screen on your Inspiron shows that the "USB audio device" is still "preferred", it should work, but I don't have any idea of whether the Logitech could have somehow affected this. As usual, see if something in the troubleshooting info in the Xitel manual could possibly apply.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup