He's a very interesting, and, IMHO, unusual person. He did something very nice for me, so I plead guilty to having a personal bias. However, in general, I'm a believer in the old saw "if something (someone) seems too good to be true, it (they) usually is (are)." So, for years, I've had my BS meter sniffing the air, and, much to my surprise, the needle hasn't moved.

I've no doubt that Mark has found kindness, honesty, generosity, sincerity, human warmth, and unabashed enthusiasm beneficial to his business. He's a very smart man. But, that doesn't mean that those traits aren't genuine and representative of the real man. As far as I can tell, what you see is precisely what he is - i.e. a little nuts in a good way.

Interestingly, though they approach it from very different directions, Axiom and av123 end up in almost exactly the same place. Both are companies unflinchingly rooted in manufacturing the best product they know how to make, and providing customer service second to none. IMHO, they both succeed admirably, and choosing one over the other is merely a matter of personal preference. I have no qualms in recommending both for consideration, and frequently do.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton