Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Picture of Layout Plan
Ken.C #166881 04/28/07 02:26 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
The room is connected to the kitchen and the entryway into the hall and the rest of the house. It is 15'8" from the back wall of the fireplace to the wall seperating the entry way. It is 28'8" wide going into the kitchen. Hardwood floors, angled ceiling coming to a peak of 10'8" in middle.

Me playing Hendrix with my teeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaBBemvA7U
Scuffernoose #166882 04/28/07 06:32 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff

ok, so I added the rest of the room stuff and swaped out the armoire with a bigger one because the other one was not accurate to the real life dimensions. You can also see the flat screen mounted which I hope to eventually get but don't feel like spending money on just yet. I have plenty of old school tvs that will hold me over. (50", 37", 37") Also, I really think the M80's will sound fine in this room. I mean, its not going to be ideal, but how can one resist the M80's? The WOW factor of having two landmonsters as speakers makes it worthwhile.

Me playing Hendrix with my teeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaBBemvA7U
Scuffernoose #166883 05/22/07 05:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Depends how near perfection you want to get. Here is an experience from a less technical listener. I have M60s and quiet frankly, I have had a hard time making them sound "bad". We have a relatively new house so as you can imagine, my wife has changed our living room around more times than I can remember and while different placements definitely do sound different, never did they ever sound bad compared to my old gear.

If you are looking for audio bliss, I will agree that the couch on the right will noticeably ruin your 'sweet spot'. In our latest configuration, (thankfully back to the first and best,) there is a single wicker chair beside my right speaker on the inside. It's not directly in front of it but the seat section does extend out into the cone of sound that would eminate from it.

When I don't move the chair, I have to sit further to the right on my centered couch in order to not feel like the right speaker is lacking something. Bugs me enough that I'll move the chair if I'm making a point of sitting and listening to music. If I'm wandering around house or doing anything and the music is background It's not noticeable enough to notice.

It's still 10 times better than I had before so I'm not complaining. Just saying it's all relative to how perfect you want it to be.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup