Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need advice on sub EQ: BFD, etc.?
#16800 08/07/03 01:35 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi all,

I recently purchased Avia and a RadioShack SLM and discovered that my Adire Rava sub response is about as far from being flat as is imaginable. Due to a combination of architecture, the danger posed by violent small boys, and the limits imposed by Tasteful Home Decor, I cannot move the unit more than a few inches in any direction.

I was about to throw in the towel, when I stumbled across some online discussion of using external equipment to equalize sub response, the least expensive variant apparently being the Behringer Feedback Destroyer (or BFD). Has anyone used this or any other such device with happy results? If so, what else is needed? I came across references to all sorts of additional expensive-sounding acronyms, such as ETF and RTA. And would I need an additional microphone, or could the RatShack SLM do the job?

Many thanks,
Rob

Re: Need advice on sub EQ: BFD, etc.?
#16801 08/08/03 05:35 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Rob, nobody's jumping in on this one, and I can't discuss the topic in worthwhile detail, but a couple of board members(especially Jeff Kohn)who haven't checked in lately use the BFD or other Behringer equipment. Do a search for Behringer or BFD and you'll find just a little info in old posts.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020