Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: looking for audition in kansas city area
JohnGalt #178353 10/10/07 08:19 PM
veteran
veteran
terzaghi - I am flexible and will spend with you whatever time you have available. Really though, if you want to make the effort to drive up to my place you should be firm in that you want to spend a decent amount of time for evaluation. A few minutes or whatever short amount of time barely allows one to begin hearing things.

It seems to me the barrier is one of misconception. That being her contention that all speakers regardless of size sound the same. While all of us here know that is untrue, it may be that she hasn't heard an audiophile grade of speaker. It may also be that she just doesn't have an interest in the home theatre hobby and feels that anything over a few hundred dollars spent is frivolous, even if there are marked difference in sound. I have a full set of Infinity RS5's and also B&W DM602-S3's that I can hook up, and trust me, there is a definitive difference when compared to the Axioms.

Please know that none of these comments are meant as an affront to your significant other. I firmly believe that both people in a relationship should be understanding (or at least tolerant) of the others' hobbies and interests so long as they do not undermine the basis for the relationship or put in jeopardy the shared quality of life you desire. My personal experience with this issue time and time again, is that if that mutual tolerance/understanding isn't there, then that paves the way for potential hard feelings down the line. JohnGalt's analogy, while said with a smile, is actually a very valid one. And with that, I won't belabor the point any longer.

I have a good number of HD movies, so no worries on finding worthy demo material on that front.

All said, there is a reason the term WAF exists!

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD
haylo75 #178366 10/10/07 09:31 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
She is really very understanding and tolerant of my hobbies/interests 99% of the time.

This trip was originally designed as a 'weekend get-away' for the two of us...

I mentioned to her that we should meet up with one of my xbox live friends that I have been gaming with for the last 2 years and have a drink.

The next day I thought about finding an axiom audition while I was in KC.

I think the combination of the two suggestions has her questioning if this weekend is really set aside for the two of us... which it is, but, why not take advantage of the opportunities that show up along the way?

-David
terzaghi #178369 10/10/07 10:09 PM
veteran
veteran
Ahh, I understand... You're right, it only makes sense to take advantage of being in KC \:\)

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082