#1794 02/23/02 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Ian,

Is there any disadvantage in selecting a system that is "too big" for a small room (apart from paying too much) ? I'm thinking of getting the Epic 80 system vs Epic Grand Master (with vp-150). The Epic 80 would allow me to avoid changing the system when I move to a bigger place but if the sound is not good, I would go with the M22ti for the mean time.

The current room is 4metres x 6metres. The TV and Speaker is positioned crossed ways instead of long ways i.e. front to back is 4 metres

Also would a smaller amp be able to drive the M80? I dont mind upgrading the amp at a later date as oppose to the speakers.

Thanks for you adivce.

Duke

Re: Disadvantage in system too big?
#1795 02/23/02 06:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hello Duke,
I'm subbing for Ian today. Your room isn't that small and should accommodate the Epic 80 system just fine. If you find the bass a bit too much, you can always adjust the level of the subwoofer and experiment with moving the M80Ti's away from the wall a bit. In my experience, it's usually the sub that contributes to any bass heaviness in a small room, not the main speakers.

The M80ti's are quite sensitive so given your room size, a modest amp shouldn't be overstressed driving them. But how small is your current amp?

Regards,

Alan Lofft
Axiom Resident Expert

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Re: Disadvantage in system too big?
#1796 02/24/02 03:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Alan,

I havent selected the amp yet.. thought it was more important to get the right speakers first :) Any personal recommendations on the amp/receiver?

Thanks for youhelp.

Duke

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020