Re: common guru's - receiver suggestions
#1889 03/04/02 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got a Denon 3802 (powering a VP100 center and two M3 surrounds) coupled with an Odyssey Stratos for my pair of M50s. This combo sounds amazing! However, before the Odyssey was delivered, I was running all of the speakers off the Denon with great results.

#1890 03/04/02 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, I am pro-Axiom!

If you want to post here or anywhere and act as if someone died and made you the audiogod, I will call you on it. Sorry. Didn't you hear? Someone died and made me an audiogod-wannabe bounty hunter!

I have no qualms with you in this thread, oh wait, now I do. Thanks!

As for double-blind listening and anyone's opinions? I do not care. If you cannot tell the difference you should not spend more $$$. Unfortunately it is difficult to setup such tests while shopping. Now, as far as my ears hearing differences between a Denon 3802 and a Yamaha 2200 (there's more at work here than just "amps") - there is a difference I believe most can hear without straining.

As for dedicated amps sounding all the same? I don't think the $5K Krell would sound exactly like the $300 Onkyo, but your wallet and spouse will be happier if you couldn't appreciate the (likely) subtle differences, and bought the lower-priced item. I'm a big believer in "whatever floats your boat" ...

#1891 03/05/02 01:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to apologize to all you audio dudes.

I get carried away sometimes, and start tossing dirtballs at regular folks that I don't see eye to eye with.

Won't happen again.....got to keep my head on straight!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters