#186 07/25/01 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Axiom,

I possess the M80's and am now in the process of setting up a surround system. However, I seem to be in a slight dilemma. I want to setup my system to take advantage of DVD Audio as well as the home theatre experience, therefore, my question is this: "What would your recommendation be for best surround setup to take advantage of the surround capabilities of both Movies as well as DVD audio?" I am aware that these are two different venues, however, I am looking for the suitable medium wherein the sonic quality of both will not be sacrificed.

Thank-you in advance for your time and reflection on this matter,

-Carl P.

Re: DVD Audio & Home Theatre
#187 07/26/01 08:04 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
To round out your M80s you should be looking at the VP150 center and the QS8s for effects. I personally run this combination and it is awesome for both home theatre and DVD audio. Do you currently have a sub-woofer? If not, then knowing your power per channel and your room size we can recommend a good match.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
#188 07/27/01 08:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Ian,

Thank-you for your reply. It is good to know that you are running this configuration at present with much success/satisfaction.

In regards to your question pertaining to the sub-woofer, no, I do not have one as of yet. However, should I decide to follow your recommendation, I will most likely go the distance and complete the Epic 80 package.

Thanks once again for you hands-on approach in servicing your customer base.

-Carl P.

#189 10/25/01 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for dvd-audio you will need to have a sub that would react very quickly, or else you will get a very muddy sound. there is a big difference between subs for movie sound and music.

#190 10/26/01 10:53 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Just to carry Anonymous's comment a bit further. A sub that will work for music will work also best for movies. Detail is important though lack of it is more forgiving in movies. All of our subs were designed with music first.

Ian Colquhoun

Ian Colquhoun

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616