Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: My speakers are gonna be in the cold!!
Wid #193421 01/23/08 12:43 AM
shareholder in the making
This is always frustrating when couriers don't respect their customers. Same thing happened to one of my replacemnt 500 amps, looked like it got run over by a tank.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Wid #193422 01/23/08 12:43 AM
F
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
F
I can't Wait...I wouldn't be as mad if the center is broken...but WHY the M80??

An amateur built the Ark.
Some professionals built the Titanic.
But Noah took a little advice.
frostiex #193431 01/23/08 02:26 AM
J
J
Sorry to hear it.

That must have been your M60/M80 owners manual I found in the back of one of the trucks.;\)

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #193451 01/23/08 12:44 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Damaged deliveries really can ruin the day, better luck on your replacement speaker.

Dave
RickF #193465 01/23/08 05:41 PM
aficionado
aficionado
 Originally Posted By: RickF
Happens all of the time down here. I'll be driving down the road with my heater blasting and some very white couple will pass me by in their rental Sebring convertible, during the same drive I'll go over our bridge to the barrier island and I'll see some of them very white folks swimming, laying out in their bathing suits on their lawn chairs, crazy! Don't take 'em long to turn red though, lot's of bright cheeks here in the winter time. \:\)

I'm still wondering if the cold will damage the speakers, for some reason I'm thinking it will not.

racist

j/k

Made on a Mac
SirQuack #193487 01/23/08 07:46 PM
C
devotee
devotee
C
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
This is always frustrating when couriers don't respect their customers.

The reality is that shipping something 2000 miles isnt a delicate process and most of the employees could care less as your box is just one of thousands that they throw around each day. They still get their union bargained wage whether its intact or not.

Unfortunately, most customers are livid and need to take it out on the front line person at the customer service desk, when again....its just another one of thousands of packages they see each day.

Sorry to hear of your bad fortune, but dont shoot the messenger, or the customer service person. Its most likely the forklift driver that deserves the wrath....or the mechanic as Jakewash can attest to. \:\)

ctown #193496 01/23/08 08:50 PM
F
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
F
As long as they wear "Purolator" uniform, to me they are representing their company. A company's integrity is not shown from top down. When it comes to mishandled package. Maybe instead of denying his/her responsibility, apologizes on their company's behalf? To me I could careless who did it. All I know is purolator did it and she is part of the company.
Anyhow, I was not even rude to her, I was just asking her how can this happen?
Why am I getting the shot, even though I didn't give her one?

Rude is Rude, it is not my job to understand how many package they see a day, however, as I see it. It is their job to care about those who ultimately pays for their wages.

frostiex #193499 01/23/08 09:12 PM
C
devotee
devotee
C
I see it every week when I pickup or ship out stuff at the courier my company uses. The guy at the desk is taking heat because somebody is there to pickup a package and its not there. Its out on delivery, scanned out from one warehouse, but not received at their warehouse yet, or it hasnt cleared customs yet.

You were not rude, most of the customers I see harrassing them are. I dont see a lot of damage complaints, but those are normally worse as the customer is bitching out the guy at the desk, just because he is the bearer of bad news. Accidents sometimes happen and the shipper must put in a claim for the damaged item and ship you a new one. Its crappy and thats unfortunately how it works, but I used to see it all the time in my summer job back in highschool

If all you did was ask her how it happened and she snapped, that isnt right. I would have just told you that "it looks like it got run over by a forklift, sorry for the inconvenience and the shipper will have to put in a claim against Purolator". I bet that still wouldnt make you feel better.

I'm a salesrep, I dont work in shipping. I just think that in general customer service people take too much crap in Calgary because everybody wants their stuff yesterday. I saw some lady bitch out somebody at Tim Hortons because it took her too long to get her coffee. Its crazy.

Good luck on your next shipment. Enjoy the speakers when the show up.

ctown #193502 01/23/08 09:35 PM
F
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
F
Honestly, an apology would have made me feel a lot better (although it won't change the fact I am still unhappy). I understand accidents do happen, but it is how they are handled that distinguish the winner and the looser. I don't feel people should give the heck to the service agent, but I feel I was being taken for a fool. (BTW, my beta50...same thing happened...so it is not the first time)

frostiex #193526 01/24/08 01:39 AM
ZG Offline
veteran
veteran
Hey Frostiex, I so feel your pain! I had a preamp arrive once with half of it hanging out of the box. It had a big dent, but worked fine. In my case I blame the seller for poorly packaging it and the UPS Store he went to that told him it was packaged fine. It had about three feet of bubble wrap randomly thrown around it. Horrible! At least Axiom knows what customer service is all about! hang in there! The Axioms are worth the wait!

Zoë

The more you love music, the more you love music.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters