Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Where the hell did Chess go?
#19332 09/10/03 05:22 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
according to a PM I have from him, his two papers are due in December.

#19333 09/10/03 03:06 PM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I agree. I miss someone posting "rolling my eyes" or "tsk..tsk.. Saturn" on some of my absurd convictions. Hehe....

#19334 09/10/03 04:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite

Thanks to a friend for sending me this link.
I did not know my departure would create such a mystery. Some here already know where I’ve gone.
Perhaps I can quell the rumour mongering.
No, I am not affected by the fires out west.
No, I am not dead and thank you but no, I’m not in a coma.
No, my computer is working just fine, thank heaven.
Yes I did leave and will be gone indefinitely or at least for some months.
Yes, I was getting tired of dealing with disrespectful, sarcastic and paranoid (JohnK’s word) posts that serve no purpose other than picking fights in the forums and no, I am not referring to cblake as mwc suggested. I think Ken and Peter know where they stand (those hateful little buggers always stirring the pot… ).
Yes it all does make one think whether it is worth their time being here and so i decided that for a time, my efforts were best spent elsewhere. I believe John_Henderson may have given up as well based on the tone of one of his last, fed-up sounding posts which is really too bad. He had some great, innovative ideas and working models for speaker mounts.

Aside from that,
Yes, I was spending wAYYYY too much time on the forums (even sushi is STILL playing catch up to my ridiculous post total).
Yes, I am extraordinarily busy with research right now. (It is a 12 year temporal and spatial study on contaminants in the food webs and abiotic components of 3 sub-arctic lakes so needless to say, the database is huge and stats are hell).
Yes, I do have two research papers due in December, 2 conferences, one this month in Ottawa and one in November (in Austin, Texas at that) as well as a personal vacation trip planned sometime in mid-October. (For those who have never written a journal paper, consider it as that big term paper you have due BUT you CANNOT get anything less than an A+ grade otherwise you write it again. Also keep in mind it is being ‘graded’ by no less than 4 professors not just 1, so the papers are not exactly a last minute weekend project in the library kind of thing.)
We also recently just finished putting in new carpeting, kitchen lino and have yet to do some concrete patching and exterior house painting this fall.
Yes my hockey season is also gearing up and i average 3 or 4 games a week which consumes a fair number of evenings.
No we do not yet have any kids other than 2 dogs and a cat. The horse was put down last year.
Yes our audio enthusiasm has continued and we recently bought some Tannoy Definition D700s for the upstairs living area.
Yes we do plan on possibly buying some Parasound Halo products to drive them in the future although Odyssey amps are also being considered, but no for now they are not running on the Parasound Halo equipment but instead on a Coda amp and Phillips preamp borrowed from a good friend.
No, I have not really glanced at the forums over the past month but yes, I am still answering private messages. The messenging setup sends me a direct email telling me when I have a PM and at those times, I come back to login.
Any further queries can be directed to me via PM or to my newly appointed secretary and “we-have-no-opposing-opinions” super friend……..Saturn.
Haha, just kidding Saturn but I promise more ruckus sometime in the future. In the meantime, you will just have to put up with sushi’s crazy although amazingly accurate information.

{sigh}
So much for my lunch hour....

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#19335 09/10/03 05:13 PM
Saturn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Yeah Sushi is too acurate. I can't find any pinholes to prod with my pinky.
When you do have a chance to "break in" the D700 I would definitely like to hear what you got to say about em. I already have an itch for something like those or the LB1 or OB1.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters