Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: First CD to test on new axiom fronts (for you)
St_PatGuy #195075 02/05/08 04:57 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Like you, I believe the artist created an album with the intent of all the pieces fitting together--sometimes creating a nice ebb and flow to the music.

If only that were true to all singers (note I didn't say 'artists' here.) You read the inside of many pop singers albums and see that each song was written by a different songwriter. Pretty impossible to have an ebb and flow to an album when many songs are written by different people. Especially common in the trendy, dancing, "I sing moderately but I look great" category.

I should note, I have great respect for some of those behind the scene writers. Some of them are very good at what they do and it's not their fault they are musically talented but born without a singing voice. Vice versa I suppose for the singers who use them, but it's tougher to swallow.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: First CD to test on new axiom fronts (for you)
Murph #195106 02/05/08 07:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yeah, it's pretty much all about having a marketable image nowadays. This is really noticeable when watching those late night Time Life commercials when they are selling "Hits of the '70s" and they show clips of the singers and bands. Some of 'em are kinda funny looking, to put it mildly. A lot of them wouldn't stand a chance in today's market--instead they'd be behind-the-scenes writing the songs for someone else.

I can remember some of the songs, but not the artist. My work internet is pretty restrictive. I can remember Terry Jacks featured heavily on those Time Life commercials. He had the song, "Seasons in the Sun."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup