Rate Thread
new axiom owner mytake questions to follow tomorro
#19402 09/11/03 05:12 AM
metier Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
First time poster short time lurker

First off thanks everybody that posts here, without you my ears wouldn't be as happy as they are.
current setup
h/k avr325 refurb from onecall (bought at the sametime)
m22's
vp100
sub next purchase, questions to come
surrounds purchase after sub (using old speakers for now)either the QS4 or QS8 questions to come

old equipment
pioneer vxs 504s
Polk RT10
cambridge sound works center channel

I'm just amazed with these m22's, I can not believe the way they sound. I had almost stopped listening to music for the longest time, but now I can't wait to get home to put a cd in and sit back and smile. It's almost like I have a new cd collection. I've really started to listen to more (I don't like putting music in categories but) folk type music i.e Linda Thompson, Patty Griffen, mainly because I'm hearing musical notes, instruments, singers breathing, that I never knew were on the cd. Don't get me wrong they sound great with rock (talking heads, rush, red hot chili peppers). And they also have much better base then I expected, it's not base that your going to feel, but when those cannons went off towards the end of Gangs of New York dvd, they sure sounded like cannons, my old rt10's probably go lower but their base never sounded as clear or precise as the m22, we wont even compare midrange and highs, because there is no comparison.

the vp100, I'm not quite as impressed, but I need to watch a couple more movies, but I believe I'm going to exchange it for the vp150, the vp100 is ok with regular tv but the couple of movies I've watched, it seems to get muddled a little bit, and every thread I've read, you guys really like the vp150, but I also need to test with moving the m22 around a little bit to see if this helps.

I also bought the ss16 stands, there ok, I just wish they would have and option to chose boston cherry for color instead of just black. If I did it again I probably would just build my own.

I was tired of all black, I decided to order the Boston Cherry, after I ordered I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the color of the Boston Cherry, but after taking them out of the boxes I new I made the right choice. They are great looking speakers.

the h/k325 I like a lot, the only thing negative is you can not dim the green lights of the surround and input indicators.

Axiom as a company great service, from Canada to Houston TX in 2 days. Also have to put a good word in for onecall, other then the box you would not know this was a refurb receiver, and for $400 including shipping I couldn't ask for more.

Axiom customer for life

Metier

vp150 m22ti's qs8's hk avr325 svs 25-31pci @22hz
Re: new axiom owner mytake questions to follow tomorro
#19403 09/11/03 08:38 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Congrats on your purchase. You remind me of how I felt when I first got my M22s. Great new speakers are the best way to rediscover your music collection.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044