Wow, 2x6spds, those Scott's at Mapleshade are amazing looking! My 222C looks like the second one but has a champagne face. It's an El-84 amp too. I've also got a LK-72 with the brown face - looks totally beautiful - but it uses 7591 tubes. It was modded a lot and has high end caps in it. I like the sound of both of them, but the 222C, which hasn't been modded, sounds slightly better. I use my M60s with it with my Dual 1219 turntable. Amazing, amazing, amazing! It's true what Mapleshade says, it compares to tube and solid state amps that cost thousands and thousands more. I listened to a brand new McIntosh system that was over $25,000 and cannot tell the difference in my system - that cost less than $2000.

You know, I have no interest in setting up a multizone system beyond maybe having an Apple AirPort Express on all of those systems. The nice thing is that I can send music to multiple stereos from one computer. And the truth is, that if I was having a house party (not my style), I wouldn't really be caring about quality of sound. It would be all about the playlist! I love the two AirPorts I currently use because it allows me to listen to radio from Canada and Europe as if I was local. Of course, this adds to my homesickness!

Zoë

The more you love music, the more you love music.