Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M22TI vs Mission
#20349 09/19/03 06:13 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Just purchased a set of the M22TI. I will be doing s sisde by side with an older set of Mission 707's. These are used for 2 channel music and for the 5.1 dolby digital with a Kef center channel and Kef inwall's fot the surround channels. These will be in a book shelf poweered by Pioneer elite with a JBL sub. I will repost the results of my comparisions... from all the good things I have heard about Axiom..I look forward to this test...

Re: M22TI vs Mission
#20350 09/25/03 05:35 PM
S
OP Offline
S
1). I received the M22's in the states, Fed Ex with 1 staple holding the bottom of the box together. This was not a good sign. A little surprised on the lack of packing here with these. Foam on top and bottom of speakers,,thanks to the foam the speakers seemed to be in perfect shape...Much broken packing in the box.
2.The beech color worked well with my motif, speakers very clean and well made. I was going to use the A/B testing with these and my older mission 707. Due to the setup in larger entertaiment center, ya,, most posts say make sure they are set outside of shelving and in wall units and on thier side...oh well.such is it.
3. The first thing I did is load up the Phillips cd player with Brother in Arms
Jazz at the Pawshop(amazing live digital recording) for demos.
Jazz samples from Telearc
Tony Bennett unplugged and some Filter for kicks...
4. The Axiom overall were much cleaner the the Missions, yes they do lack the Bass but I have a sub, non-issue,I am amazed by the clarity while playing Jazz at the pawn shop. with the Axioms I acctually heard backround coversation and all the glasses clinging from the bar...Not good during the Music but they finally stoped talking,,This was mutted using the mission, the high from all the instruments along with clarity makes these a $400 jewel of a buy. I will admit all my other music with the exception of Filter was awesome..I don't play allot of intense rock enough to send these back. Have been playing them for about 20 hours and they are indeed settling in and imaging has improved. Being that they are in a entertainment center I also put something under the bottom rear in order to get the imageing pointing down a bit. Improvemets!!
5. I then moved this test into the DVD player with Jumaji and Star wars and Lethal Weapon4 for kicks...
The imaging of the M22's was excellent the cleaner the better, with my sub was awesome and the KEF center worked well..Not sure if I will keep the KEF and get a Axiom Center!!!
End:
These are an exception buy for $400 and the impoved clarity and imaging over my $600 missions was hands down. Yes the missions are older, but my 14 year old son now has a wonderfull set of 707's in his room to play his music,,which is pink floyd, zepplin and James taylor to say a few..rough at age 14,,but he has good taste in music....

Re: M22TI vs Mission
#20351 09/26/03 08:00 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Thanks for taking the time to post your findings! I'm looking forward to ordering a pair of the M22's in the next week or two.

Walt

**************** Live to Surf, Surf to Live

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020