Placing M3Ti's on their side
#2054 03/15/02 06:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got a pair of M3ti's on the way. Due to the activeness of my 1 year old daughter placement is going to be a problem. Stands are out of the question for now as they'll just get knocked over. My best idea now is to place the speakers on their side on top of my armoir/entertainment center. The only problem is, due to the shape of the M3Ti cabinets, the speakers are going to point at the ceiling. Is there anything I can place under the speakers to "straighten" them out?

Re: Placing M3Ti's on their side
#2055 03/16/02 12:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a pair of m22's and I faced a similar problem. When I ordered my speakers from Axiom, Amie was kind enough to send me, free of charge, a set of "bump ons." The "bump ons" help to raise the speakers so they are level when placed on their sides. I'm sure Axiom would send you a set of "bump ons" if you ask them to.

#2056 03/16/02 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you tell me how having the M22's on their side effected the sound dynamics of the speakers?

#2057 03/16/02 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My M22's are placed on their sides and are also above ear level. When they arrived I tried them at ear level in the upright and side positions. I really didn't notice much difference in their sound in either the upright or side position. Thay sounded full, dynamic and smooth in either position. When I moved them to their permanent position(i.e., above ear level) they don't sound quite as good as they did at ear level. They still sound great, better than my Celestions or Polks did, but there is a little loss of detail and clarity. The soundstage is still terrific- very large and open. My M22's are are also placed very close to the back wall (could I do anymore to screw up their placement?) and I get a far better bass response than I did with either the Polks or the Celestions. Overall, I find them to be far less sensitive to room placement than any other speaker I've owned.

#2058 03/16/02 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My M22's are placed on their sides and are also above ear level. When they arrived I tried them at ear level in the upright and side positions. I really didn't notice much difference in their sound in either the upright or side position. They sounded full, dynamic and smooth in either position. When I moved them to their permanent position(i.e., above ear level) they don't sound quite as good as they did at ear level. They still sound great, better than my Celestions or Polks did, but there is a little loss of detail and clarity. The soundstage is still terrific- very large and open. My M22's are are also placed very close to the back wall (could I do anymore to screw up their placement?) and I get a far better bass response than I did with either the Polks or the Celestions. Overall, I find them to be far less sensitive to room placement than any other speaker I've owned.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044