Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I am afraid to turn my setup back on.....
#20582 09/23/03 01:36 AM
M
devotee
devotee
M
Man, nooooo body touches my gear.. I'd smoke his a.. and ask questions later..
Seriously, it's one thing to do something stupid, we all do now and then.. But to blow it off !??
You bigger than him ? haha.. If not, get some friends that are... Make him an offer he "can't" refuse..
If nothing else, just be patient.. He will have to sleep sooner or later, riiiiiiiight ???

LFE ! The rest is just details..
#20583 09/23/03 01:42 AM
old hand
old hand
Joe at Axiom is very helpful. When you get him on the phone, ask him to explain how to remove/re-install the tweeter. I don't believe it will be too complicated. There are others on this board who have removed/re-installed tweeters for a variety of reasons. Perhaps they will post with their comments, or you could try a search re the same. Good luck.

Cheers.

#20584 09/23/03 01:52 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Aaron, I haven't done it with my M22s, but once the tweeter is removed, the same wires are simply attached in the same way to the new one. Furthermore, your roomie apparently has a suitable screwdriver and was able to disassemble it enough to tell you how "cheap" it looked.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#20585 09/23/03 02:01 AM
aficionado
aficionado
fresh baked chocolate chip cookies left on the kitchen table with a touch of ex-lax????that would be fun...ron

#20586 09/23/03 06:11 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi folgersinyourcup

Very sorry to hear about your affliction - a room mate who is obviously a moral imbecile is clearly an affliction!

If the dolt took your speaker apart, your problem may be a damaged tweeter. However, the imbecile may have also damaged the crossover while poking around with a sharp metal instrument. It is astonishing that an adult or near adult would have such incredible disregard for the property and rights of another person. What that fool did was malicious.

How in the world did this idiot come to the conclusion that he had the right to take your gorgeous speaker apart? He'd be a fool to take his own speaker apart. But what kind of mentality would blithely permit him to operate on your property? Your speaker is not a toaster, or some inexpensive disposable. A QS8 is a beautifully made, beautifully designed combination of cabinetry and precision equipment.

I'd sit him down, tell him he just bought a QS8, demand he pay you for a new speaker, congratulate him on the start of a busted ass system of his own and tell him to never, ever touch your stuff again. BTW, get a new room-mate.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#20587 09/23/03 02:47 PM
local
local
If your twit of a roomate won't voluntarily replace your QS8 consider small claims court. While a hassle, it will be an educational experience for both of you. The issue with any court judgement is collecting afterwards, but if he has a checking account you should be able to collect. one advantage you have as a roomate is that it should not be difficult to obtain bank account numbers etc. Here in California there is an official small claims adviser to assist you in the process. Your county law library will also have materials to guide you as will the small claims court clerk. Nolo Press puts out a guide to small claims court you will most likely find at any library.

Your situation is what small claims court is intended for when people don't have the sense to do the right thing.

Mark
#20588 09/23/03 08:47 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Thanks for the suggestions 2x and Md. They may definitely prove to be very useful should the replacement tweeter not work. I talked to Joe at Axiom last night about getting a replacement tweeter and he said he would send one for free! I definitely thought there would be some charge, for which I would demand my roommate to pay, but I was pleasantly surprised that I will be charged nothing for it. This morning I decided to go ahead and purchase my M60 tower speakers so I called back and made the purchase over the phone and asked if I could have the replacement tweeter shipped along with them. I was told that would be fine and that it would be put in the box with it.

So, I think I will just let this all sit until I get the new tweeter in the mail and install it. If that fixes the problem then great, the most important thing for me is being able to use these speakers and get the great audio I was getting out of it previously again. If the problem is still there due to whatever he may have done inside then you can bet that I will demand he buy me a new speaker. LOL 2X, I like your suggestion to give him my old one and let him know that he can start his "busted ass" system with that as first component.

Either way though, I will make sure that he NEVER again touches any part of any of my speakers.

Thanks for the help everyone! I can't wait to get the M60's in the mail......Finally I am almost done building my setup! These speakers are awesome though. I can't wait to check out the M60's with the rest of my setup. I am 100% positive that they will sound better than the 15 dollars or so computer speakers that I am currently using as my fronts!

#20589 09/23/03 10:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Several points...

(1) We should be glad that our speakers are backed by a company that doesn't hesitate to provide GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

(2) I am still curious how the heck could this moron actually dent the tweeter -- he must have poked the dome from sideways around the diffuser cap. Unbelievably stupid! Is he a student at UNCC? -- I hope not!

(3) Not letting him touch your speakers would NOT be enough! He cannot and should not touch ANYTHING you own, until you say otherwise. Even better, you should kick him out or find another place yourself. I can readily see a broken volume knob on your receiver (if it is yours) due to a physical abuse by this moron.

#20590 09/23/03 11:37 PM
T
local
local
T
Sounds like you're going to have a nice setup when you get your m60's...you can come live with me =)

#20591 09/23/03 11:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've often wondered who the idiots are that push in all the cones on the speakers at Best Buy. Now I know.

Have you ever been to a large retail store which has speakers on display and they WEREN'T all pushed in?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,353 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup