:)

Is that better \:D ?

Were you replying to MY post or JP's?

See Mojo's signature
Re: Placement of M60s made a huge difference
EFalardeau #205122 04/22/08 08:37 PM
shareholder in the making
I dunno, I don't find it that hard at all. When I reply, I make sure to click the reply button in the post I'm replying to. If there is any confusion, people can click my post's re: link (the one that's at the top of the post just right of the title) and see the post I'm replying to.

Just learn to use the forum properly and you should be good to go.

pmbuko #205123 04/22/08 08:40 PM
eh, forget that.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
SirQuack #205135 04/22/08 10:28 PM
R
R
Thanks everyone,

I guess I will not be toe-ing out my speakers.

McD

Rider #205137 04/22/08 10:40 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Try it anyway, temporarily, that is. Go from toed-out to toed-in. It'll give you a great reference on what happens to the soundstage and imaging with regards to placement.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #205842 04/28/08 09:20 PM
veteran
veteran
Well finally and definitelly the M80's are not for me, good recordings sound really good, but the mediocre ones sound really awful. So as those are not so limited in my collection, unfortunatelly for me, and as previously they do not sound so bad with hte M3ti's, I decided to contact the experts here for advice, after trying everything and a few emails, we decided that the M80 are too neutral sounding, and flat. Maybe as the M3ti have a little dip in the midhighs, probably is how they do not sound so terrible while the recording is not so good...

So tomorrow I will received the M50's with are basically the M3ti's with more bass and will try to see if those do it for me...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
sovkiller #205912 04/29/08 12:03 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I understand. I spend a long time re-ripping all my CDs to FLAC instead of over compressed MP3s that sounded fine on my MP3 player or car stereo but were very "blah" on the M60s. (Hows that for a musical term.) This helped a lot but I still have some bad sounding CDs that were just recorded poorly.

I'm a little bit the other way though, the good stuff sounds soooooo good I could never go back. I'd miss the quality sound too much when it occurs. I tend to play my entire collection on Random mode with all genres included so the poorly recorded stuff gets spread out a fair bit.

Glad to see someone make a decision based on what they like. In the end, that should be all that matters.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #205924 04/29/08 02:01 PM
veteran
veteran
It is not that I do not like good recordings, I do, unfortunately the Rock from the 60/70/80 was recorded so poor that there is no way I could enjoy them in a very accurate system (speakers) otherwise it will point all th flaws and this will become a nightmare...the M3ti, and I hope the M50's will be also a good sounding system just that not so accurate, and though it will let you enjoy a little bit more the recordings, but if I could get all my recordings done in a better way and opt for a far better system I blindly will go for it...but at the end music is all I enjoy, not audio accuracy, if I were an audio accuracy freak, then the M80 will be my choice...

I'm mainly into headphones, as I live in an small apt and space and neighbors are not very condescending with my musical taste, so I have no other option, but I like once in a while listen to a good set of speakers as well....

Last edited by Sovkiller; 04/29/08 02:02 PM.

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
sovkiller #205943 04/29/08 04:56 PM
 Quote:
unfortunately the Rock from the 60/70/80 was recorded so poor that there is no way I could enjoy them in a very accurate system

Would you like a hot toddy with your blanket statement? ;\) That's an unfair assessment of many quality titles available in those eras, especially the 70s and 80s. Sure, a lot of material was recorded and/or mastered poorly, but there are many gems to be found. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits are only a couple examples.

pmbuko #205946 04/29/08 05:06 PM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
 Quote:
unfortunately the Rock from the 60/70/80 was recorded so poor that there is no way I could enjoy them in a very accurate system

Would you like a hot toddy with your blanket statement? ;\) That's an unfair assessment of many quality titles available in those eras, especially the 70s and 80s. Sure, a lot of material was recorded and/or mastered poorly, but there are many gems to be found. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits are only a couple examples.

Buddy I have more the 2000 CDs inm y collection, Sorry but I know what I'm talking about, I'm not a newbie in music OK? Also have some experience working in some amateur recordings at my younger age, for every good recording of that time, I could pick up 20 bad or more...
Pink Floyd and Dire straits are mong the best, no doubt, but just listen Grand Funk, intruments placed only in one channel, or early Alice Cooper, or the Born again from Black Sabbath, or, BBA live, and BBA studio,even early Metallica, Dream Theater, recordings completelly lifeless, dead!!!!.....well I could make a huge list if you like...of the 2000 CDs I have here, I could qualify as very good, maybe 100-200 of them...that is 10%, is that a good rate???

For sure we have trully Gems, considering the tehcnology available at that time, but we have also, very very sloppy recordings as well...

Last edited by Sovkiller; 04/29/08 05:06 PM.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters