CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
C
\:\)

So I went to see Iron Man with my coworker and her boyfriend tonight, and Collaire and her boyfriend ended up coming, too. Collaire (I'm going to get tired of using that dumb name--ha ha) said hi right away and said she finished reading the book I gave her for her birthday. I know it's a light, quick read, but I honestly didn't know if she'd read it at all. I asked her if she liked it. "I was entertained," she said. She was smiling pretty big, but she always does that, so it's hard to take it seriously. Still, I'll take acting over no reaction, and who's to say it wasn't genuine?

I liked the movie well enough. I definitely want a suit, as does my coworker. She was mentioning it on the way home, and I told her that she would need two of the arc reactors, one for each breast. She agreed.

All of the stuff they play before the previews even start was getting on my coworker's boyfriend's nerves. "I'm going to go to the bathroom and kill myself," he said. "Don't forget to flush," I reminded him. I know, I'm hilarious. I guess it's not just him who kills himself.

Toilet jokes are a good way to end, so we'll call that good.

Re: The Collaire Report
BrenR #207517 05/09/08 03:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: BrenR
 Originally Posted By: CV
Has that actually worked for you?

Fact #1 - I have not been appreciably single since I was about 14 (I'm sure that says something about me, Medic8r?)

Fact #2 - Look at me. I'm not exactly the prettiest little bunny in the briarpatch.

You do the math.

Bren R.

And believe me, one thing we have alot of in Winnipeg aside from the deer, is bunnies.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #207870 05/12/08 02:50 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Friday night I watched a movie with my wife whose name (the movies name, smart-guy!!) I have already blocked out of my mind in self defense of my manhood, but hey, she was a sport and saw Iron Man with me so it was only fair.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad. It had some sharp humor in between the depressing, then uplifting, then back to depressing roller coaster of a plot that women seem to enjoy so much. Including one line that I think that applies nicely to your predicament.

The main female character answers the question to one of life's oldest and great mysteries when questioned on "What do women want from men?"

I can't remember her exact words but the gist of it was, "Truthfully, the secret is.....we don't know!"

Last edited by Murph; 05/12/08 02:52 PM. Reason: usuall typing errors

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #208010 05/13/08 06:34 AM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I think in my case they want friendship. Buckets and buckets of friendship. Ha ha.

Today she said she genuinely liked the book I gave her, that she managed to read it even though she was busy with other stuff, and that it was funny. So I'm glad. Claire and Tiana (my coworker, and yes, I'm using real names now) were talking about going to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Claire turned to me and said, "Do you want to go?" Cool, right? No, she was just inviting me to go along with the group, which includes her boyfriend.

Not that I'm giving up. I still need to speak up for myself and see where that takes me.

CV #208020 05/13/08 01:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
While at the movie, lean over to the boyfriend and say, "I need to go to the bathroom. Let's go." After he gets to the bathroom with you (don't worry, he'll accompany you. All guys like group bathroom trips) tell him you dropped your wallet in the toilet. When he leans in for a closer look, push him in, and give the toilet a good couple of flushes. Bye bye boyfriend.

Problem solved.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #208026 05/13/08 02:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ummm, I forget. Just how did you do on that Psychopath test again?

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #208029 05/13/08 02:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Our Sean, he's always so helpful!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #208030 05/13/08 02:52 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
At least he knows how to get rid of a turd.

CV #208036 05/13/08 03:58 PM
axiomite
axiomite
ba domp psht!

Comic relief, always welcome.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #208572 05/20/08 04:27 AM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
DEAD THREAD.

Not really, but I couldn't seem to find the nerve to impose on an existing relationship, and after I found myself resenting her slightly for sticking with a goober, I decided to let it go.

I still enjoy her company, but I think I've effectively wrestled my heart into submission. Tiana complained to me once again about how much Claire's boyfriend sucks, and I didn't really feel much at all. I just agreed that his behavior was BS (he was mad at Claire for making them slightly late to Prince Caspian--I don't see how he has any right to have an attitude when she's the one driving him around everywhere... and seriously, mad over Prince Caspian?), and that was it.

If the relationship unravels, maybe my feelings will kick back in, but for now I think I'm fine just being her friend.

I'm excited about the Zzang candy bars that zhimbo recommended in the candy bar thread. I ordered 10 of them so I could share the experience with friends. They should get here Wednesday, so I'll take them in to work on Thursday, and in addition to some of my coworkers, Claire's coming in to try one. Don't worry. I'll make her eat the whole thing in front of me so I know that none of it goes to her boyfriend. Ha ha.

The soap opera is losing its suds. Is that the fat lady singing in the shower?

Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters