CV #211350 06/12/08 04:44 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Oh crap. I killed CV with a bad mix!

Re: Axiom forum sampler cd
pmbuko #211366 06/12/08 11:43 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Good News and Bad News. Like our least favorite shipping companies, I have delayed the shipping on the 2 CD requests I have received so far.

The Good news is that it's delayed because I had a really neat idea for a cover for the jewel cases. I choose each of my pieces, not as a personal reflection, but as reflection of music made famous here in the Maritimes by our history of seafaring, hard drinking but hard working immigrants from a wide variety of cultures. The idea for a unique cover struck me Monday but it's been dark and rainy until last night and I needed a nice day for the photo both for ambiance and also so my chess set made from sand would not get ruined.

Yup, I said sand. Remember the 'weight for speaker stand posts' where I said we use sand for everything here, I wasn't kidding.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea or did I have one too many Alexander Keith's.

I'm still not satisfied completely with the shot, but I've never done anything like this before and after about 60 shots from differnt angles, the sun was getting too low and shadows were becoming a challenge.

Mark, You need to come to PEI and do this up right for me. I suspect a nice SLR camera in the hands of someone who knew how to do these things could make this concept shine.

Now I need some more ink for my printer. Ran out trying a bunch of variations last night. Sometimes you just can't tell whats best until you get them on paper.

I'm home sick today so I'm afraid it might be a couple of days.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #211377 06/12/08 02:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Update: Got Peter (pmbuko) 's CD in the mail yesterday, and my wife said, "What's that?"

When I told her that Peter had made me a mix CD, she said, "Your boyfriend made you a mix tape! HAha!"

I, of course, said "It's nothing like that, we're ... just friends!"

Then we looked at the track listing together. When we saw that song 2 was "Real Good Looking Boy" by the Who, my wife asked, "Want to clarify your last statement?!"

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #211379 06/12/08 03:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Update: Got Peter (pmbuko) 's CD in the mail yesterday, and my wife said, "What's that?"

When I told her that Peter had made me a mix CD, she said, "Your boyfriend made you a mix tape! HAha!"

I, of course, said "It's nothing like that, we're ... just friends!"

Then we looked at the track listing together. When we saw that song 2 was "Real Good Looking Boy" by the Who, my wife asked, "Want to clarify your last statement?!"

I must have received the CD meant for you. Peter drew hearts all over it with a Sharpie. Hmm. . .

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Murph #211380 06/12/08 03:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Good News and Bad News. Like our least favorite shipping companies, I have delayed the shipping on the 2 CD requests I have received so far.

The Good news is that it's delayed because I had a really neat idea for a cover for the jewel cases. I choose each of my pieces, not as a personal reflection, but as reflection of music made famous here in the Maritimes by our history of seafaring, hard drinking but hard working immigrants from a wide variety of cultures. The idea for a unique cover struck me Monday but it's been dark and rainy until last night and I needed a nice day for the photo both for ambiance and also so my chess set made from sand would not get ruined.

Yup, I said sand. Remember the 'weight for speaker stand posts' where I said we use sand for everything here, I wasn't kidding.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea or did I have one too many Alexander Keith's.

I'm still not satisfied completely with the shot, but I've never done anything like this before and after about 60 shots from differnt angles, the sun was getting too low and shadows were becoming a challenge.

Mark, You need to come to PEI and do this up right for me. I suspect a nice SLR camera in the hands of someone who knew how to do these things could make this concept shine.

Now I need some more ink for my printer. Ran out trying a bunch of variations last night. Sometimes you just can't tell whats best until you get them on paper.

I'm home sick today so I'm afraid it might be a couple of days.

That looks great, Andrew! You're making me feel bad because I didn't do anything extra special with mine. . .

St_PatGuy #211383 06/12/08 03:34 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I must have received the CD meant for you. Peter drew hearts all over it with a Sharpie. Hmm. . .

LOL, that explains why mine has pictures of exploding shamrocks and decapitated leprechauns ...

medic8r #211385 06/12/08 03:41 PM
axiomite
axiomite
The other half of the leprechauns showed up via UPS. . .

St_PatGuy #211388 06/12/08 04:22 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Funny, I didn't see those in the Hammes catalog I got in the mail last week.

Sean, your birth date plus the fact that I did my undergrad at Notre Dame probably explains why we have gelled so well as a comedy team and forum wrecking crew (however one wants to take that).

We need to start work on some screenplays.

medic8r #211389 06/12/08 04:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite

Originally Posted By: medic8r
We need to start work on some screenplays.

Only if I get to be on top!

Billing, that is. Top billing. . .

St_PatGuy #211390 06/12/08 05:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Well, according to Peter's assessment of me one week ago, that'll be fine.

Page 14 of 42 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup