Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
Re: So what are you dreaming of tonight?
pmbuko #213116 06/26/08 02:58 PM
C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
C
I just woke up from a good one. I dreamed I had a new baby (no idea who the mother was, however), and minutes after being born, the baby had his first words, saying "understand" twice in a row. Minutes after that I was already around town with my baby bragging to everyone about what a genius I had in my hands.

CV #213117 06/26/08 03:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That probably mean you neglected your car and will need servicing soon (baby=car, bragging=neglect, everyone=soon, unknown mother=servicing). The doc should be able to go deeper into this car issue of yours. \:\)

See Mojo's signature
CV #213122 06/26/08 03:37 PM
I had a pretty messed up dream last night. It ran like a movie and was quite detailed.

I was a teenage version of myself and I was at summer camp. I witnessed one of the other campers accidentally kill someone. Later, I was walking with a fellow camper in the woods and was telling him about what I saw. Coming over a hill, we both saw the killer and a friend lugging something wrapped in a bedsheet through the brush. I said "Holy crap, that's him!" -- but I said it too loud, and the killer pulled a gun from behind his waist. Naturally, we both ran in the other direction as fast as we could. I remember trying to zig zag away as randomly as possible.

Cut to a few months or years (?) later. I am in my hometown, but not at home because I believe the killer is still looking for me. I'm in hiding -- maybe because I turned him in and he has since been released. I am laying down on the floor of a friend's bedroom, staring at the ceiling. I hear a knock on the window, start to freak out, but then calm down when I see it's a girl. She tells me that she's a martial arts instructor at a program that rehabilitates people with troubled pasts. She says the killer guy wants to talk to me and this is part of the rehabilitation program.

Cut to the martial arts studio. It's just me, the instructor, and the killer. He's in a white t-shirt and loose white pants. While he talks to me about getting over his past, he's pacing around, obviously tense, and quite obviously still harbors ill will towards me. The instructor seems concerned. As he's finishing up his canned speech, he's practically steaming. The instructor brings things to a close quickly and sends me on my way.

Cut to me in bed with two girls, but cut away before anything interesting happens (DAMN! That always happens. Damn Catholic upbringing....)

Now it's many years later and the guy tracks me down in a deserted location. We start fighting. (Thankfully he doesn't have a gun.) After many blows are exchanged, he produces a swiss army knife and lunges at he. I catch his wrist and try desperately to keep it away. Somehow I twist the knife and it's now pointing at him. I manage to cut him, but the he twists and then he gets me on the palm. (ow!) Eventually, the knife is out of the picture, we're both bleeding, and and laying on the ground. I get my hands around his neck and hold on for a long time.

After much gurgling and the normal stuff you'd expect while attempting to choke someone to death, his body was still, but there were still gurgling noises coming from his mouth. My hands were cramping, and I was sure he'd at least have brain damage at this point, so I let go and moved away. After a few moments, he stood up with an evil grin on his face. Oh, sh*t.

Cut to Steve Wozniak (yeah, the co-founder of Apple) explaining the immortality program the killer had been participating in for the last few years -- training to withstand stabs and choking. He had even replaced his ribs with metal replicas.

That's pretty much where I awoke.

So the guy who had seen mortality occur before him, by his own actions, ended up seeking immortality. I told you it was a messed up dream.

pmbuko #213124 06/26/08 03:42 PM
Man, my dreams never have that sort of continuity. But I do have a recurring thing where I have almost no strength in my body (yeah, yeah, bring on the jokes) and often end up in fist fights where I can barely even swing my arm, much less actually make an effective hit.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #213127 06/26/08 03:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
That IS a crazy dream. My favorite part is where Peter is inexplicably in bed with two girls. It's like a non-sequitor shoved in there. Kinda like how some love scenes are incorporated into bad movies.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Ken.C #213130 06/26/08 03:54 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Man, my dreams never have that sort of continuity. But I do have a recurring thing where I have almost no strength in my body (yeah, yeah, bring on the jokes) and often end up in fist fights where I can barely even swing my arm, much less actually make an effective hit.

Ken, I've read those types of dreams are fairly common. When I was a kid had a recurring dream where someone was chasing my down my street and I couldn't get my legs to remember how to run.

Another one I remember vividly is me waiting in the hall for my mom to get done doing her hair--she has the bathroom door closed. And all of a sudden strange people start coming down the hallway. They are all quiet and just stare at me. I try screaming for my mom, but my voice doesn't work.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #213139 06/26/08 04:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Dreamed about the ex last night. No wonder I am cranky this morning! \:\(

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
St_PatGuy #213152 06/26/08 06:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Another one I remember vividly is me waiting in the hall for my mom to get done doing her hair--she has the bathroom door closed. And all of a sudden strange people start coming down the hallway. They are all quiet and just stare at me. I try screaming for my mom, but my voice doesn't work.

Hmm.

Who are these guys? Just what were they doing back there anyway?

What line of work did you say your Mom was in?

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
EFalardeau #213153 06/26/08 06:15 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
That probably mean you neglected your car and will need servicing soon (baby=car, bragging=neglect, everyone=soon, unknown mother=servicing). The doc should be able to go deeper into this car issue of yours. \:\)

I don't own a car. It would be pretty sad if my imaginary car needs servicing.

After I posted, I went back to sleep for a while, and I dreamed a lot more. I can only remember a little of it, though. I was at work, on break with my coworker, and I was looking around the cafe for something to eat. The cafe in my dream was a lot bigger than the real one, and there wasn't just food. There were books (including comics) and board games, too. As far as food, I kept looking at these giant muffins and cupcakes in boxes, but after browsing for my whole break, I still couldn't decide what to get. My coworker had already eaten her food and left. One of the workers in the cafe started flirting with me, though, which gave me a big head. But as I left her, I saw her start flirting with someone else just as hard. Shrivel.

CV #215620 07/18/08 04:00 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I dreamed that I just got out of church and was running toward the car which was parked across the street. I was really sprinting, and well before I got to the car I started flipping and ultimately launched myself off the edge of the roof of the car into the air about 20 feet. I landed on the other side of the roof and used the little bounce from landing to deposit myself onto the asphalt. Another car nearby had maybe 4 rough-looking people in it, and they were applauding. Brad Pitt was one of them. Even though he was impressed, he still came out of the vehicle to drop some kung fu on me. We both started circling each other and striking while making over-the-top kung fu sounds. Fortunately, it didn't last long, and before any harm came to either of us, we stopped and went to his house.

I've lost what happened at this point. I just know I was at Brad Pitt's house for dinner, and his new girlfriend, which I don't think was Angelina Jolie, was cooking in the kitchen. We were talking in another room, but then it was just Brad Pitt. I don't know where I went. He decided it would be funny to dress up, and he pulled out Jennifer Aniston's face and put it on the top of his head like it was a wig. It was her actual face, not a mask, and it was appropriately wet on the underside, but thankfully my dream wasn't too graphic. Brad tilted his head down and began talking like he was Jennifer Aniston. He was saying in her voice how he had a lot of wigs for a lot of different looks, and he started holding up different wigs to her face. It's like he was putting on this show to entertain me, only I wasn't there any longer, which made it pretty disturbing.

Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters