Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Speaker wire with new Axioms
edmondwolfman #213111 06/26/08 02:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I am sure that will be fine. Some people have mentioned using an 80 hz crossover for movies and a 60 hz crossover for music, or even 80hz for both.

I lowered it a bit and found it to sound good, plus It makes me feel like I am taking advantage of the woofers in the towers that I paid for a little more \:\)

Just experiment and see what sounds best to you.

You can increase the bass of the SW just by adjusting the channel level. If you want to increase the low frequency on the m60's you can copy your eq curve from audessey and manually adjust up the lower frequency's a bit.

I recommend making adjustments in small increments.

However, be careful making too many adjustments after you run audessey, it can open up a whole can of worms! Also, you might end up like Mojo, tweaking your system for at least a good 6 months!

After all of my tinkering I found that no EQ curve, no audessey, and a simple manual channel calibration sounded best. I still plan on relocating my subwoofer and adjusting things more in the near future.

-David
terzaghi #213131 06/26/08 04:14 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I am sure that will be fine. Some people have mentioned using an 80 hz crossover for movies and a 60 hz crossover for music, or even 80hz for both.

I lowered it a bit and found it to sound good, plus It makes me feel like I am taking advantage of the woofers in the towers that I paid for a little more \:\)

Just experiment and see what sounds best to you.

You can increase the bass of the SW just by adjusting the channel level. If you want to increase the low frequency on the m60's you can copy your eq curve from audessey and manually adjust up the lower frequency's a bit.

I recommend making adjustments in small increments.

However, be careful making too many adjustments after you run audessey, it can open up a whole can of worms! Also, you might end up like Mojo, tweaking your system for at least a good 6 months!

After all of my tinkering I found that no EQ curve, no audessey, and a simple manual channel calibration sounded best. I still plan on relocating my subwoofer and adjusting things more in the near future.

David, after i ran Audyssey and tweaked a bit I went to the menu and did a "Copy the EQ Curve" and noticed I can go into each speaker and have the equalizer settings.

When you do the Copy the EQ Curve is that what your manual settings use when you go to manual? Also if you tweak them separately is that changing the Audyssey settings or just the manual? All these different settings are confusing me a bit.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember
edmondwolfman #213133 06/26/08 04:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
when you do a curve copy you have to press EQ button on the remote while listening until it says 'manual' to hear the adjustments. If the screen shows 'audessey'or'audessey-flat' then you are listening to the standard audessey curves, even if you have made manually adjustments to the copied curve.

This allows you to compare your adjustments to the audessey eq to no eq at all.

I found that the brief silence when switching between these made is hard to make a good comparison though.

make all of the adjustments you want on the curve copy since it won't effect the original audessey results.

-David
terzaghi #213149 06/26/08 05:17 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
when you do a curve copy you have to press EQ button on the remote while listening until it says 'manual' to hear the adjustments. If the screen shows 'audessey'or'audessey-flat' then you are listening to the standard audessey curves, even if you have made manually adjustments to the copied curve.

This allows you to compare your adjustments to the audessey eq to no eq at all.

I found that the brief silence when switching between these made is hard to make a good comparison though.

make all of the adjustments you want on the curve copy since it won't effect the original audessey results.

I must be doing something wrong. When I hold down EQ it only toggles between EQ Off and EQ Manual.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember
edmondwolfman #213166 06/26/08 07:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
have you ran audessey with the supplied mic?

When you copied the eq curve was everything at 0 db or was there already changes made to the curve?

If audessey had ran correctly then when you first copied the curve you should see all of the changes that audessey implemented for each frequency listed.

on page 43 of the manual it says that if you changed the settings of a speaker which was set to "none" then you can not select audyssey EQ. not sure what they mean by this, but maybe if you had surrounds or SW set to "none" during the auto eq, and then later added it in by manually changing SW to "yes" or connecting surrounds then you have to re-run audessey.

-David
terzaghi #213169 06/26/08 07:53 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Sounds like these guys really need to implement an http interface so that they can do a much more intuitive menue system.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #213173 06/26/08 08:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
you can access the denon menu through ftp from your computer...

-David
terzaghi #213180 06/26/08 08:23 PM
shareholder in the making
FTP sounds like exactly not the protocol to use for remote management. It's called File Transfer Protocol for a reason!

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #213181 06/26/08 08:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
you can transfer setting files from the denon to the computer or vice versa.

not sure why they went with ftp though.

-David
terzaghi #213183 06/26/08 08:47 PM
And then edit them by hand? Surely there's a telnet function if there's FTP, right? Then again, this Denon we're talking about...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters