Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
a thought for viewing the latest custom finishes
#22255 10/15/03 04:13 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Hey Amie,
Perhaps this is an idea already in the works, please let me know if it is, but i was wondering if anyone was working on a little applet or gif pics of the Axiom speaker lineup with all the combinations of the newest finishes and grille types.
It seems that you have added the Mansfield Beech to the list of 3 primary finishes on each speaker page (you click and get the new image of the speaker model pictured with the appropriate finish...although without grille covers or only in black in a second popup window), but is Axiom taking this a step further and creating more images with the latest finishes as well?

Would it be possible to include the ability to click on speaker grille covers and have them change appropriately in the image in the same way that the finish options do now?
Perhaps a single dedicated interactive page for the entire finish range would work.
Start it with a selection on the left side "choose the speaker model you wish to view" with a list of speaker models. Then immediately below a second option list "choose the finish you wish to view".
A third option below that asks "speaker grilles ON....OFF".
And finally if that third option is turned on then a fourth option set is highlighted to choose the speaker grille material from your list.
Then the user could just click on various options while the picture on the screen changed appropriately until they find a combination that is appealing for the exact speaker model they are considering.

It seems that several people have asked for pictures of others that have ordered xx speaker finish with yy grille cover on the forums where an interactive page on the Axiom sight might help everyone get a complete idea of what the various combinations of colours would look like with any model.
I'm interested in potentially redoing our own Axiom grilles but i just cannot decide on a colour without seeing it first. The visualization of colours is there from the webpage popups but so is the doubt that my mental picture of those colours on my grilles is the correct one. Small grille samples can obviously help this process but that could mean sending out alot of samples to those who are just curious.

I know the idea will require alot of photos on your behalf but hey, if the boys here promise to be good for the next month you might be able to remove your eyes from the forum boards for awhile to provide the time.

Since part of this idea has already come to fruition on each individual speaker page then i'm hoping the groundwork for creating a larger page with all these options should not be far off.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finishes
#22256 10/15/03 04:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I like it. Didn't really need it before with only 3 finishes but now that there are so many it sure would be a nice addition.

#22257 10/15/03 04:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I agree. With all those finish options, you need a way to view them in context.

#22258 10/15/03 05:00 PM
C
old hand
old hand
C
would be great. it would be like on car manufacturer sites, where you can select the different options and it appears on the picuture.

#22259 10/15/03 05:48 PM
shareholder in the making
Great idea! If you don't have the time, Amie, I could do it for you (for free, of course) if you provided pics of all the possible combinations. It would be a rewarding project.

#22260 10/15/03 06:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I wholeheartedly second chess's suggestion. An important thing here is to have those photos fairly big and high resolution, so that people have a better appreciation of the looks and textures. I have to say that the Onyx Rocket site does a very good job in this regard. Amie, I promise I will be a good boy in the coming month.

And I am really glad to finally see the first "full-length" post by chess since a long while ago.

#22261 10/15/03 06:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes the rocket site is very nice when it comes to showing differnet views of the speakers, insides etc.

Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
#22262 10/15/03 07:08 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
In reply to:

An important thing here is to have those photos fairly big and high resolution, so that people have a better appreciation of the looks and textures. I have to say that the Onyx Rocket site does a very good job in this regard.

I like the high resolution but i want more than photos.
I want an interactive page.
More, gimme gimme more.

In reply to:

Amie, I promise I will be a good boy in the coming month.

I'm not sure i would believe him Amie.
My understanding is that sushi has one super strong bicep in his right arm specifically due to pot stirring.

In reply to:

And I am really glad to finally see the first "full-length" post by chess since a long while ago.

It is short lived.
I was waiting on some info this aft and killed some time by pondering the colour change to my Axiom grilles. I went downstairs to view the setup again (some call it procrastination) before trying to envision some new grille covers. The idea for getting a different coloured grille has been on my list for awhile now so i sat back down and took another look at the new Axiom offerings. I just couldn't picture the grille cloth colours on my Boston Cherry speakers, although there is a way to digitally tweak some photos myself. But that takes time to do and darn it, i have enough graphs to edit in the next 3 weeks.

Speaking of which... back to the grind!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#22263 10/15/03 07:25 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

My understanding is that sushi has one super strong bicep in his right arm specifically due to pot stirring.

Sorry, chess, but I am left-handed. HAHAHA... -- except for the chopsticks and pencil, which my mom made me practice in my right hand when I was little.

The benefit: I can gobble up a bowl of Chinese noodles very fast, handling a spoon and chopsticks simultaneously by my left and right hands, respectively.

#22264 10/15/03 08:17 PM
Pot-stirring is all in the forearm, my friend. This is why tennis players, such as spiffnme, make such good pot-stirrers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters