Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: does this mean i'm banned too?
#22503 10/18/03 02:37 AM
old hand
old hand
No, Jimmy....be glad that you missed it!

Mark

#22504 10/18/03 02:21 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

With respect to everyone, can't we just give this topic a rest?

Ford

Yes. Let's let sleeping dogs lie. [sorry for the extremely horrible pun; I just had to.]

#22505 10/18/03 04:04 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
i e-mailed paul to get the permissions re-set. the board is still there for paid spotties, and if you ask for permission. i still frequent his board. i'm not rehashing old trash, but do find his place has informative info.
dan

#22506 10/20/03 08:53 PM
regular
regular
I thought Paul from the SPOT was an owner and supporter of Axiom. The spot is where I first heard about axiom.

#22507 10/21/03 01:40 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Ironic isn't it? (No not "Isn't it ironic, dontchathink" - lol no Alanis.)

#22508 10/21/03 03:31 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Ok, at the risk of being flamed by members, being called names, which is already happening, and then drug through the mud ONCE again, I will say this.

First, I AM A TOTAL SUPPORTER OF AXIOM SPEAKERS. Unfortunately some here decided to go on an insult slinging campaign here on this forum because of the way I run my forum and I let myself get drug into it. I have apologized several times to people if they felt I didn’t explain my rules well enough or that I was singling anyone out. It is fine if you don't like the SPoT or me for that matter. You don't have to visit the SPoT but that doesn’t give people the right to smear someone the way I was here. I said my peace in the following thread on the SPoT.

What happened to Axiom?

The reason this thread here was started was the entire forum was down Saturday evening due to a crash in our MySQL database because of traffic. The member in question was not banned. The server was down for most of the evening until I got up the next morning to check the site. Nobody was being singled out.

The Axiom forum on the SPoT was removed to a hidden area available to paid members and all those members who want access and agree to abide by the rules I have established regarding conduct and posting information. This removal from public view was done at the request of Ian, the President of Axiom. He felt that it was best to remove it for now until people here let go of it. I didn't really want to remove it because it wasn't fair to the members of the SPoT who really wanted to have an Axiom forum there. It seems that things still are not calming down here and in fact removing it has caused all kinds of speculation that isn't true.

Anyway, as I said I have no issues with Axiom Audio, I love their speakers, and I will continue to promote the information for the SPotties about Axiom Speakers on the SPoT. That is all I have to say here about it. I don’t feel it is fair that people are being given the false impression that I have any other feelings toward Axiom Audio other than GOOD ONES.

I respectfully ask that people refrain from any more name calling toward me after I leave. Frankly I am tired of the emails from people asking if I have seen this thread and what is up so hopefully this will put the issue to rest and people can go back to talking about Axiom Speakers in a positive and deserved way.

#22509 10/21/03 05:16 PM
shareholder in the making
Well said, Paul. Thanks for heading off the rumors before they got out of hand.

#22510 10/21/03 06:34 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm glad he let us know what was going on too.

Thank you.

#22511 10/22/03 10:50 PM
veteran
veteran
I have never posted on the SPOT, and have never commented on the situation. I really do not know the entire background of the story, and may be way out of line, but since Paul showed up here, I feel I have the right to comment.

I checked out the SPOT because of something I read while lurking here and looking to buy some speakers. I went to the SPOT and checked out the speaker manufacturer forums. I was visiting the Axiom forum at the SPOT for about a week when someone advised another poster to look for Axiom information on THIS board. Then all hell broke loose.

As I said, I have never posted at the SPOT and generally lurk to learn, but after seeing the SPOT's rules about never sending someone to another site with possible information, I will never visit there again. Without someone mentioning Paul's site here, I never would have visited there. Without hearing of this site from either HTF or AVS, I never would have come to this site, and never would have spent $1600+ on Axiom speakers. Maybe there is more to the story that I missed, but I will not visit there again as long as there is a restriction to citing information found at another site.

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!
#22512 10/22/03 11:07 PM
Man, this horse is truly dead.

Paul is not an evil man. Please let the subject R.I.P.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters