Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: does this mean i'm banned too?
#22523 10/24/03 01:29 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Willscary, well it is too bad about your misunderstanding about the SPoT. Most of the people who go there find it friendly and the members and I try very much to be friendly and I don’t think that has changed at all even though you may think so based solely on information that may be incomplete for you. I certainly would like you to point out a slew of posts on my part or anyone else’s that would demonstrate that we have suddenly become unfriendly on the SPoT to warrant your comments that we were once a friendly place but now we are not. In addition I was not the one who started the name calling, which was pretty offensive about me. As much as I have apologized, in order to settle this, to anyone who may have been upset at me to cause them to say those things, I have not received any public apologies in return about what was said about me, when it wasn’t warranted.

As much as people say to stop beating the dead horse, and unfortunately I do feel like I am the dead horse here since I am the topic of conversation, it continues to go on and NOT because of me. I didn’t start this thread and I didn’t come on here and start the original one either. Both of which where started as attacks on me. I did come on here, after both threads had gone on for some time without my participation, to try to explain my position since people were totally wrong about their assumptions. So I guess I have to wonder why it is that it is I who is the “unfriendly” one here when all I did was ask some people to try to build the Axiom SPoT and answer questions and not send them away on my own forum. Granted I really should have said it better and not said I was getting a bit “ticked off” about it in part of my post. The irony is the person who I was talking about isn’t anyone who ended up being upset at me and he knew I was talking about him.

I didn’t give anyone the boot and I certainly didn’t ban anyone originally for it until I found out that people here had started a name calling campaign, with me as the intended victim, behind my back. Unfortunatly after I found out about it I failed in my attempt to point out how ugly I felt I was being treated by treating people to a dose of their own medicine and acting like a two-year old Internet Troller. (Hey, it was my Birthday that day and I regressed. ) That I do apologize for, it wasn’t a very good example and my point was lost, but it wasn’t really meant to be mean, but to show what happens when people say whatever they please.

If you want to talk it over feel free to email me and we can talk about it further. But continuing to drag it out here is distracting and frankly has NOTHING to do with Axiom at this point. That goes for anyone else who wants to talk about it. As far as I am concerned I have made up with anyone who was upset at me because I did not explaining the rules on the SPoT better and what I wanted when I made the request of the members to try to build the Axiom SPoT. Again, chalk it up to Internet Chat taken the wrong way.

As long as this conversation continues to go on about the SPoT and I, on a forum run by one of our sponsors, it only compels me to have to come back here and continue to clarify things. It really is starting to turn into an endless debate about one post I made out of 8,700 on the SPoT that was NEVER intended to get people so wound up, that I would take back if I could. It is certainly looking like in some regards as an attempt to damage the relationship that I have with Axiom and I am not sure what people’s motivations are about that. I hope that is not the case.

If politics is like this, remind me to never run for office.

Can we please drop it now or at least close this thread?? I am “Dead” already.

#22524 10/24/03 01:49 AM
veteran
veteran
Huh? I thought I moved past this.

By the way...I was clarifying someone else's "pummeling a previously alive equine" phrase.

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!
#22525 10/24/03 02:21 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Sorry, it was a sum it up post for several comments that were made and not all directed at you. I know you said nothing about the equines. Just trying to make light of everything in general.

I guess the reason for the first part of that post was your reference to the SPoT degenerating into a not so friendly place after being up awhile. I just don't see that and if you do please let me know because I want to look at it and deal with it if that is the case. I don't want anyone beating up on each other on the SPoT. I started it specifically to get away from that.

Anyway the offer still stands if you want to take this into emails then fine.

#22526 10/24/03 07:08 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Good suggestion about e-mail, Paul.

My main gripe with this thread from about the bottom of page 2 onward -- with the exception of that nice bricklayer tangent -- is that it is still active. Me, being somewhat obsessive-compulsive can't resist reading every single new post, and am thus forced to endure it.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters