Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Axiom speakers to cost 25% more in Canada?
#2276 03/30/02 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the new prices?
Did the cost to the dealer rise too or is just an increase to the list price?

#2277 03/31/02 12:58 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
This post seems to have generated a lot of attention. I think it is important to point out that 25% is the wrong number. The actual number is 12% and this does not reflect the entire devaluation of the Canadian dollar since the models were first introduced. Though being a Canadian company insulates us from some of this devaluation the reality is that most of our raw materials are commodity based and as such are tied to the US dollar. Even with this adjustment to the Canadian prices we are still in the position of being the value leader among the Canadian loudspeaker manufactures. Reality is we should have done this over a year ago but decided to take a wait and see approach to the Canadian dollar devaluation. There is no change to our prices in the United States. The commitment at Axiom to produce the highest quality performance at unbeatable value will always remain our core philosophy.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
#2278 03/31/02 08:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Thanks for clarifying this for us.

I do have one question - how do you quantify, collect and measure the data to be able to make this statement:
"...we are still in the position of being the value leader among the Canadian loudspeaker manufactures" ?

Re: Axiom speakers to cost 25% more in Canada?-IAN
#2279 04/09/02 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ian,

You said, "There is no change to our prices in the United States"

Why then have the US prices of your factory outlet speakers all increased 12% as well?

I was thinking of buying some for the past month, but will now reconsider.

josh

#2280 04/11/02 09:52 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
The factory outlet is for our products that end up with a small cosmetic blemish in production. This being the case there is a limited supply of product available. We now have a varying amount of discount depending on the quantity that is available. You will find that there are still products available in the outlet at the same price as they were in the past and others are available at smaller discounts because we do not have as many of them. Overall in the long run this policy should make available more actual models in the factory outlet at any given time. The reality is we were running out of cosmetic blemished products in many models and there would have been very little left in the Factory Outlet if we left it the way it was.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
#2281 04/13/02 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that sort of price manipulation legal in Canada?
Are you not under cutting the Canadian stores in price now?

#2282 04/15/02 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course its legal, they make the speakers, they can set any price they want. Anyways, its probably just a manufacturers suggested retail price and actual dealers will still give discounts.

Axiom is already one of the better values in audio at the list prices on the speakers, and when i bought my speakers a few months ago was shocked when the dealer (in canada) gave me a price quite a bit lower than the list prices. It was an unbelievable bargin, but i didn't think it would stay like that for long...

Still, i think dealers should be allowed to sell for less than the internet prices, since they have to pay for staff, overhead, inventory, etc. It would be a shame if dealers stopped carrying Axion because everyone simply listened to the speakers in their stores, then went to save money by buying online...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters