CV #229257 11/10/08 07:31 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Once I move my system into the basement, I'm going to do what I can with treatments, at least bass traps and treating first reflection points. I don't know exactly how crazy I'll get, but it would be nice if at least tried to take the hobby as far as several of you have. I imagine it's a rewarding feeling.

Re: Another adventure into room acoustics
CV #229258 11/10/08 07:37 AM
axiomite
axiomite
One that could cough up a hairball at the drop of a hat.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #229275 11/10/08 02:32 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Thats cool Nick. Is EQ MCACC their version of Audysey EQ? If so, it must have some way of measuring frequency against spl to do auto equalization. I hope you find a way to display it on you computer.

Pretty much. MCACC is Pioneer's version, like YPAO is Yamaha's version, and Audyssey is their version that can be used on a variety of vendors' gear.

Here is a small "presentation" on what the MCACC does:
MCACC Demo

It takes frequency, SPL, room reverb, and speaker distance (maybe more) into account for tuning the system.

I never ran the Advanced MCACC until yesterday. I always just messed with the basic MCACC stuff, but I did notice a difference in the sound. Now if I can get something to manage the sub, or at least give me some tips (maybe that will take the SPL meter) I think things will sound a ton better in my odd-shaped room.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
CV #229276 11/10/08 02:39 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: CV
Once I move my system into the basement, I'm going to do what I can with treatments, at least bass traps and treating first reflection points. I don't know exactly how crazy I'll get, but it would be nice if at least tried to take the hobby as far as several of you have. I imagine it's a rewarding feeling.

I wish I could toss in some chunk bass traps, but there just isn't room. My screen takes up almost the entire one wall, and the couch is in a couple of the corners (although, I would think that would help a little). The ceiling is broken up with a 4'x8' fiber optic starfield "window" the panel hangs down about 1" from the ceiling and has a window frame around it), there is a 12" tall beam running left to right, and the ceiling closest to the screen is dropped down to cover some duct work, which makes for a lot of irregular shape to the ceiling, but I am not sure that is good at all.

I am thinking that some good first reflection panels on the right side would be in order for that long wall, but the other side has my equipment rack, and the goofy angled area. I wonder if I should just put a panel on the back wall, the left "angled" wall, and then a couple on the right wall.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup