Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: A Veil Has Been Lifted!!!!
jakewash #239054 01/08/09 10:08 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Ok, my wife and I are going to see Jeff Dunham here in London in early Feb. I love the avitar!!!

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
Worfzara #239056 01/08/09 10:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
LOL at the avatar.

I saw a patient today who works at a concert venue. She got to see Jeff Dunham recently. She climbed up on the lighting scaffolding and laid down on her jacket. Pretty cool.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #239245 01/09/09 07:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Worf - personally, I'd be interested in buying a pair, but they seem to be priced a bit high for me to take the plunge.

It could just be that I'm not your target customer or my problem isn't severe enough at this point to justify the cost, which is fine with me. Just thought I'd let you know my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, no offense taken. \:\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
myrison #239264 01/09/09 08:31 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Thanks Jason

I sent you a PM.

paul

paul

Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
Worfzara #239315 01/09/09 11:51 PM
veteran
veteran
Well actually I just asked Paul for some more info and some closer pictures of the Matte finished, even while they look nice i feel that they will not match the black oak 100% as he stated the finishing is different, so what about something more contrasting, like a different color or finish, not sure...

Even though, I'm interested in something more customized, like the one Mark did, as logic indicates for the manufacturer point of view, versatility is a good thing, but from the end side to have something really customized is also very good...

How about to do a group buy to get a better price ordering more units, I somewhat agree with Jason about the pricing, we get into Axioms looking for "bang for the buck" speakers, and that was the same reason I never jumped in any of the other options, as all were more expensive that this one...it makes no sense to spend 100 buck in a cosmetic thing, as I do not have the problem of tilting Paul had, and I have no kids...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
sovkiller #239324 01/10/09 12:29 AM
aficionado
aficionado
I am just curious here and for the record I have a degree in Manufacturing Engineering.

The higher the volume the lower the cost. The more complex the design of the product the higher the cost. This is the reality of manufacturing.

Your product is only worth what the market is willing to pay for it. This is the reality of business.

The idea for the business is to get both realities to work together to turn some kind of a profit.

I can pretty much make any design, will it be cost effective, attractive and functional, these are critical questions.

I never intended this to be a get rich quick thing, just a way to make a few extra bucks on the side.

So let me please do some market research here. Realizing there are material costs, time costs, and advertizing costs. What would you expect to pay for a set of four of my riggers.

Keeping in mind that steel ones can go for as High as $270 on the web?

For the record, I am not advertizing my product here, just making conversation. Again, I don't want to break the forum rules.

Thanks

Paul

paul

Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
sovkiller #239325 01/10/09 01:01 AM
aficionado
aficionado
 Originally Posted By: Sovkiller
...it makes no sense to spend 100 buck in a cosmetic thing, as I do not have the problem of tilting Paul had, and I have no kids...

Please Sovkiller, no disrepect intended here and I totaly respect oyur opinion, but as a socity, I belive you are incorrect here.

People will spend huge amounts of money on cosmetics; pretty much every industry selling consumer goods charges more for products that are more cosmetically appealing than their base model, even Axiom does this. You want a nicer looking M80, you pay more, even though is sounds the same as the one from the factory seconds. This is because the humans have been conditioned that there is a link between good looks and quality. Many companies not only profit form this philosophy, they count to stay in business.

paul

Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
Worfzara #239327 01/10/09 01:17 AM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: Worfzara
 Originally Posted By: Sovkiller
...it makes no sense to spend 100 buck in a cosmetic thing, as I do not have the problem of tilting Paul had, and I have no kids...

Please Sovkiller, no disrepect intended here and I totaly respect oyur opinion, but as a socity, I belive you are incorrect here.

People will spend huge amounts of money on cosmetics; pretty much every industry selling consumer goods charges more for products that are more cosmetically appealing than their base model, even Axiom does this. You want a nicer looking M80, you pay more, even though is sounds the same as the one from the factory seconds. This is because the humans have been conditioned that there is a link between good looks and quality. Many companies not only profit form this philosophy, they count to stay in business.

Sorry let me rephrase my post:

"...it makes no sense for me to spend 100 bucks in a cosmetic thing, as I do not have the problem of tilting Paul had, and I have no kids..."

I know and understand what you say and sorry if you misunderstood me due my lack of a better phrasing, sorry as I was not clear enough. But honestly if my thing were to spend money in cosmetic good sounding audio gear, honestly there are far better options, as you stated, even inside the Axiom line.
Let's say that the standard line of Axiom speakers (the ones I own) are for the ones who like good sound with a minimal spenditure, I was not even able to afford those very nice hi-gloss finished speakers from them...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
sovkiller #239390 01/10/09 06:59 PM
aficionado
aficionado
You and I are in the same boat. I can't afford the new finishes either. Or maybe a better way to put it is I have other things in life I need to spend money on too, like food, mortgage, car, etc.

The only way I could afford what I got was to get factory 2nds, and actually drive to the plant to to save a few more bucks on shipping. I am just glad the standard finishes are really really good.

BTW, I have inspected all of my Axoim speakers and have never found the "issue" that made them a factory 2nd.

paul

No worries.

paul

Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
Worfzara #239414 01/10/09 09:00 PM
J
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
J
 Originally Posted By: Worfzara
People will spend huge amounts of money on cosmetics; pretty much every industry selling consumer goods charges more for products that are more cosmetically appealing than their base model, even Axiom does this. You want a nicer looking M80, you pay more, even though is sounds the same as the one from the factory seconds.
Paul, Don't forget some of the higher price is, in fact, due to higher production costs. The Custom vinyl is not in high demand so they are not mass made as the rest, it takes a little more time to set up for a run of custom speakers, granted I think the price could be lower but Axiom is here to make money and will charge what they think people will pay, same goes for the Vasollo series, much more labour intensive, so there is a basis for the higher costs of Axiom speakers.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics