Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AT&T-Yahoo email FUBAR'd(Mac specific) help needed
#240868 01/17/09 03:27 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
We have an iMac G4 w/ OS X10.5.6 and Mail3.5. Without warning AT&T apparently gave their email to Yahoo and mail.app hasn't been the same since. I used their on-line help to reset the new in and out servers and ports and the like. I can send without trouble and I can apparently download email as my unread count continues to go up, but I cant see any of the now 196 emails waiting for me. If anything goes into the Junk folder, I can call it "Not Junk" and send it to any folder but the Inbox.
I also set up Entourage and was able to send and receive for all of one day, then nothing.
I have tried the card-reading help via phone and, well, no help. I DO have everything set properly, according to them.
I'm half tempted to try to set all mail as "Junk" just to be able to see it, but haven't figured that out yet.

This isn't just a mac thing either, I've tried getting mail on my PC and Outlook isn't behaving nicely, it just sits and spins... also many friends in the area having this problem - ALL PC users, too.

We do have web mail access without any problem, I just want hard copies on the desktop.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,

Scott

Scott

My HT
Re: AT&T-Yahoo email FUBAR'd(Mac specific) help needed
a401classic #240869 01/17/09 03:32 AM
shareholder in the making
Scott, check your View menu in mail and make sure that the item listed is "Display Selected Messages Only" If it's "Display All Messages" choose that.

What's your email address domain name? (not the first part, just the part after the @) You'd be surprised--mine's an @pacbell.net and I do not use the new servers--they don't work for me. But the old servers are still there.

Last edited by kcarlile; 01/17/09 03:33 AM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Re: AT&T-Yahoo email FUBAR'd(Mac specific) help needed
Ken.C #240903 01/17/09 06:16 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I had trouble w/ a friend last week too on his Mac. I tried setting up his yahoo on Mail.

This thread has the server addresses:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

What's interesting is that it now refers to yahoo plus. I, like Ken, have mine coming from @pacbell.net. BUT, when I tried my friend's with these new servers and a @yahoo.com account, it didn't work.

I'm wondering if @yahoo.com only works w/ yahoo plus now.

Re: AT&T-Yahoo email FUBAR'd(Mac specific) help ne
Ken.C #240925 01/17/09 02:40 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Scott, check your View menu in mail and make sure that the item listed is "Display Selected Messages Only" If it's "Display All Messages" choose that.

What's your email address domain name? (not the first part, just the part after the @) You'd be surprised--mine's an @pacbell.net and I do not use the new servers--they don't work for me. But the old servers are still there.

I don't seem to have those choices under "View"....

We're @bellsouth.net kinda folks.

Scott

Scott

My HT
Re: AT&T-Yahoo email FUBAR'd(Mac specific) help ne
a401classic #240976 01/17/09 04:24 PM
Really? We're on the same version of mail. They're about 2/3 of the way down. I'm just keying on your statement that it says you have new messages in the inbox. If it says so, they're on the computer, therefore you're receiving them. That means that they're hidden from you in some way.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044