Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: If QS8's were ceiling mounted...
pmbuko #250336 03/05/09 04:13 PM
davekro Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
This is a great shot showing the grain/color of Mark's Beech Axioms (I poached from Shag's 'Definitive Technology' thread). Thanks Mark! I'm trying to decide between beech and maybe light maple for my room. For closer comparison, I've copied two shots of my room after Mark's photo.
 Originally Posted By: Mark
I have this old one from a few years ago:

Marks photo shows the grain of the beech. In person I'm curious if the combination of the grain and color looks real. (meaning very good ;o). When I saw Adam's light maple M60's they looked awesome and like real wood to me. I do not know if part of that was because the grain on the light maple is very subtle. I guess the question to you beeches out there (I mean that in a loving caring way ;o), is how would you describe the finish, color, grain of your Axioms. I have Axiom's samples, but in their small size, neither the beech nor lt. maple looks that good. But, like I said, in person, the lt. maple blew me away. Wondering if the beech would have a similar reaction.

It's just trying to pick what best color fits my room....

I have lots of maple (kitchen cabinets, dining room table, 3' x 7' bookshelf left side of front of my front HT wall. An oak coffee table. The big cherry paradigm servo15 sub is moved from the front wall to the right wall, directly right of couch/ list. pos., so it will be less of a non color match issue with the fronts. Kitchen, dining room and path down left wall (to bedroom) are oak. Carpeted floor between couches and front wall is light beige.

Last edited by davekro; 03/05/09 04:28 PM. Reason: add pics of my room

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."
davekro #250337 03/05/09 04:22 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Dave, I can't speak for those finishes you're looking at, but the Black Oak on mine are very nice quality. I already know it's vinyl but I don't think the unsuspecting would be able to tell them from real wood, at least not without a very critical look.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #250344 03/05/09 04:44 PM
shareholder in the making
You can always call Axiom and ask for samples. For the regular colors, you don't get the nice plaques like the custom finishes, but you'll still get an idea.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #250359 03/05/09 06:51 PM
davekro Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Ken,
Actually I have received 8"x10" plaques of Beech, lt. maple and today the Boston Cherry. The beech and maple samples just do not look good. And Like I said, I saw Adam's light maple M60's and thought they looked magnificent. Especially since his TV stand matches and brings it all together as a matching system. I my case, the stand, 73" TV and (most) all components in stand are black. I need for the speakers to some how fit my room visually from the other surroundings.

Ken, what color are your Axioms?

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."
davekro #250360 03/05/09 06:54 PM
Mine are Vermont Maple (as well as the Mansfield Beech on the surrounds). That's a custom vinyl one. Unfortunately, I just got rid of all my sample plaques.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,353 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup