Well I found a blu ray player that will play any blu ray or dvd from any region and convert from pal to ntsc if necessary. This is exciting news to me because I like to watch international films (some that never get released here or maybe several years later) as well as get the best version of a particular film (it could be a Hollywood one). A player like this is a necessity then.

http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/asp/pid.176/qx/details.htm

I checked and it looks like it will also do the high definition audio formats either my bitstreaming or converting to pcm first. The reason that this is exciting for me is because there are several blu ray's that aren't in Region A yet and may not be for a long time if ever.

Here are just a few examples off of the top of my head that I wanted to purchase this past year: Leon the Professional international version, Night of the living dead, Zatoichi (the 2003 one), REC, Martyrs and Eden Lake.

These are all region b blu rays that are locked, which means that they will not play on a North American player. Martyrs and Eden Lake were two big European horror movies from last year that the Weinstein Company initial had plans to release on Blu-ray here in the US and then changed their minds. So we may never see a release for some time if ever. Zatoichi and REC are on the disc as 1080i at 50 frames per second so it needs conversion to NTSC before most of our tv's will play it here. The Momitsu player will play any of these.

There are many more titles released in region b and locked, for example, that we don't have here and may never have here. Some of them are even Hollywood films.

- Nick