where is Axiom?
#254874 04/01/09 03:10 PM
L
LRA Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
L

I'm still wondering why Axiom is not present in the biggest (also the only) audio/video show of the year ( link )

I'll be there but my hopes were high until I saw the exhibitor's page..

Re: where is Axiom?
LRA #254893 04/01/09 04:26 PM
devotee
devotee
They're passing the savings onto you?

LRA #254896 04/01/09 04:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Luc,

Thanks for your enthusiasm about Axiom. Generally, shows are very expensive to participate in, so we carefully evaluate what the cost/benefit ratio would be. In most cases, we think the shows benefit manufacturers that have wholesale distribution and retail stores, not companies like Axiom that sell only online.

We have participated in the past in some shows, including an Audioholics-sponsored show in Florida. And we have considered the Montreal show but so far decided against it.

That doesn't mean we'll never participate in a show.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
alan #254904 04/01/09 05:36 PM
L
LRA Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
L
 Originally Posted By: alan
Hi Luc,

Thanks for your enthusiasm about Axiom. Generally, shows are very expensive to participate in, so we carefully evaluate what the cost/benefit ratio would be. In most cases, we think the shows benefit manufacturers that have wholesale distribution and retail stores, not companies like Axiom that sell only online.

We have participated in the past in some shows, including an Audioholics-sponsored show in Florida. And we have considered the Montreal show but so far decided against it.

That doesn't mean we'll never participate in a show.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks for the answer. In regards to the pros and cons I will have to disagree. Very few people have heard of Axiom and when they know the brand it's because they have seen it somewhere in a forum. Not everyone is willing to order speakers to test them and a yearly show would be a good opportunity to show the brand and take orders.

I'm not aware of the expenses for you guys, so I do whatever WE, CUSTOMER do best! shout and complain!

:-)

LRA #254911 04/01/09 06:14 PM
devotee
devotee
I see a lot of Axiom ads in home theater/speaker magazines, which is a pretty common place for people to go when they're considering what to buy.

I look at that Salon show more as a way for regular joes to hear $100k speakers for once, but not exactly as a shopping experience for the common HT consumer.

Since they live online, tho, they could probably be doing more here still. I signed up as a fan on their Facebook group and never get updates from it, for example. Also what if their custom shop included printing graphics or screen painted speaker covers. (like you see faceplates on phones, xbox 360, guitar hero guitars, etc.)

I'm a big gamer, I'd probably order new sets of Audiobyte covers with Left 4 Dead, Half Life, World of Warcraft (Horde), or Call of Duty graphics on 'em. Or heck, I might be convinced to get screen printed m80 covers if they're neat enough. Maybe some Rock Band or Guitar Hero covers to make them look like guitar amps or something. Gamers live online just like this speaker store does. \:\)

LRA #254912 04/01/09 06:14 PM
aficionado
aficionado
 Originally Posted By: LucRaymond

... so I do whatever WE, CUSTOMER do best! shout and complain!

:-)

Well, we gotta go with what were good at. ;\) But as Micah's signature states: "If you are good at something, don't do it for free." Luc, you should be paid. ;\)

BTW, where is that Micah? Supposedly he left for Europe 'right after' being last seen at Steve's for a demo. Has ANYONE ever been heard from again after being to Sweeney Todd's, er, Steve's place? \:D

Last edited by davekro; 04/01/09 06:15 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."
LRA #254913 04/01/09 06:14 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
People that frequent popular AV forums on the internet like Audioholics, AVSforum, Audiocircle, Audioreview, yada yada yada, are very familiar with Axiom. Most people in this hobby seriously have hear of Axioms. I would not say "very few people", that simply is not true.

I think Axiom has a sound business practice, and the fact that they have been around for 30yrs proves that they are doing something right. Maybe they don't want to get sooooooooo big, like the retail chain brands.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #254914 04/01/09 06:15 PM
devotee
devotee
Doesn't Axiom still build for OEM too? I thought that was a large part of their business model for awhile (if not still.)

StuntGibbon #255304 04/03/09 05:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi,

We have not done OEM in recent years. It used to be a part of the AXiom business model, and we built lots of speakers for various clients, including some well-known American and Canadian brands, but when we switched to the on-line model, we gradually phased out the OEM part of the business.

It's always a surprise for some consumers to learn that a speaker brand may not have its own factory at all. The designer simply contracts out the building of the MDF enclosure, installation of the drivers and crossover and testing to another company (an example is PSB).

Regards,

Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616