M22 wall mount
#26543 11/30/03 06:32 AM
J
jtm60 Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
J
I recently purchased an Epic Grand Master HT system..What an excellent choice I made!! I was specifically looking for something I felt could handle the occasional loud rock music in addition to HT use, and this system really is great. SO CLEAR!! The sound is very crisp (mated to a Denon 90W surround receiver). I had some fun chuckling at my neighbor who is a "Bose" guy..he had a look on his face as if he had just encountered a UFO or something..he is ready to purchase Axioms now and put the Bose on basement duty.

Anyway..the front M22 speakers..I wanted to wall mount them. I purchased Vogel bookshelf wall mounts from Lowe's..let me just say this..they suck. They seemed sturdy enough, but the rear part of the mount is plastic, and the large tolerance between this part and the arm extending from the wall allows the speaker to lean, even when screwed in. I did not like the way the mounts were able to rotate (they could not be locked in place).

Rather than rip them down, and then have to spackle and paint, I purchased the FMB from Axiom. Nice piece (still a bit pricey though for what it is)..but it works great, wish I had just purchased these up front. I wound up custom making a special piece of oak to properly space the speaker out from the wall..so now I essentially have two sets of brackets supporting the M22's. They are nice and sturdy now.

The flat mounts for the rear QS8's worked pretty well. Overall, I dont think I could have gotten more bang for the buck from any other speakers out there. I listened to Boston Acoustics and Mirage setups at Tweeter prior to purchasing (the BA setup was over $3k..) and I don't feel I gave anything up..I feel that the sound of the Axioms is right there. Thanks to Axiom for a great product, and excellent product support via this site. My speakers arrived in 3 days to NJ, I am very happy.

Re: M22 wall mount
#26544 11/30/03 07:23 AM
devotee
devotee
i am also planning on wall mounting the m22s. Is there not enough space between wall and speaker with the FMBs?

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#26545 11/30/03 10:02 PM
J
jtm60 Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
J
No, the FMB is fine. The only reason I had to make that extra spacer piece up was because my original brackets kept the speaker a bit further off the wall than the FMB did. Therefore the spacers were required. OR I could have trashed the original brackets and went with just the FMB, but that would have required paint and spackle on my part, which I hate doing.

#26546 01/11/04 11:36 PM
regular
regular
I would like to see a picture of your M22 wall monut if you have a digital camera . Any chance ? I too am faced with having to wall mount .

#26547 01/12/04 01:05 AM
buff
buff
What holes were there already on your M22's? I'm just curious. I had to (with the help of tech support of course) put my own holes. Everything is fine, but, it was just nerve racking!

Here is my M2 wall mounted using the FMB if it helps show what it looks like. The ruler is showing about 4.5 inches from port to wall at the angle I used.

M2 pic

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters