Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pulling The Trigger?
#26821 12/03/03 01:45 AM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
sorry in advance for the lengthy post

I've decided what i want-525 HK, 4 axiom m22tis 1 SVS PCi 25-31 all connected to computer for input. But that setup is for next year in my fraternity(in college). Right now im in shitty dorm housing and i have a few problems.

1-The walls are painted concrete. There is a lot of crap(my room is decorated basically-walls, furniture, carpet, plus crap). will this be a bad environment for the axioms? Sub will be as close to the wall as possible. Other then acceptable breathing space i have no more maneuverability.

2-I dont have space/dont want stands so i will put it on a a piece of wooden furniture 7'l x33" h. The furniture is basically 3 pieces of wood sides and top with empty space underneath. Will the axioms be fine on this simple piece of furniture? Or do they need to be secured down? Will this hopefully sound alright? Is this shelf too high? I can build it smaller.

3-i only have space for 2 axioms, not 4.

4-currently running 3.1 klipsch promedia(which is good, but out of 4.1 speakers 3.1 work)
I am very tempted to pull trigger, but originally my purchase would be for next year. The setup next year would allow me to use 4 FMB's and all axioms. But, i will be going home in 3 weeks and would like to have music at home for the month i am there.

So my basic question is, do i buy now or later? If i buy all axiom products at once is there a benefit (discount, shipping, etc?) or do i wait until the summer to buy?

someone convince me one way or another.

P.S. i'm assuming the 2 axioms will sound better then 3 klipsch promedia

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
Re: Pulling The Trigger?
#26822 12/03/03 02:21 AM
local
local
I'm going suggest you start with 2 M2i and a subwoofer. These with provide good sound during the time you are in small spaces and make good surround, rear or center channels in the future. They can alos be part of a secondary system should you decide to upgrade to a deluxe surrond system later on. When you get ready for the next step get the M22s and you can use the M2s for multi-channel in whatever form you like until the desire and ability for further upgading. Ultimately they will make nice rear speakers in 7.1 setup should you decide to go that far.

Mark

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup